Auto trader??

stuarty

I can only assume that when entering the model of car, that sellers have entered '370z' and also '370 z' therefore both are picked up when applying filters.

This is purely a guess though.

How bizarre is that? :wacko: Thought I'd have a look and yes there is two different "370Z" for sale sections.

One with 22 cars for sale in it and the other with 30 something cars for sale in it and I can't tell any difference between the two?!

Both have roadsters & coupes in and both have cars of various years/gearbox configs etc etc. :dry:

I can only assume that when entering the model of car, that sellers have entered '370z' and also '370 z' therefore both are picked up when applying filters.

This is purely a guess though.

That sounds about right, thanks for clearing that up. But would the same not happen with regards to the 350z?

Having previously owned 2 Mazda 3 MPS's, im aware of Autotraders issues. Since the 6MPS is AWD it had a habit of auto completing the for sale sheet of a 3MPS as AWD. Plenty people were caught out by that.

I had to keep searching both 370z and 370 z when buying mine :)

Having previously owned 2 Mazda 3 MPS's, im aware of Autotraders issues. Since the 6MPS is AWD it had a habit of auto completing the for sale sheet of a 3MPS as AWD. Plenty people were caught out by that.

Why does the 350z not have this problem?

Why does the 350z not have this problem?

Sorry for the nerdy explanation.

The majority of websites work using large databases. This will the allow users selling on something like auto trader to enter all there data into the online form with anything like 'chicken' 'egg' 'manual' '6.3' in other words doesn't really matter as long as the data is the same type as what the database field requires.

The reason why 350z is only shown once could be due to a couple of reasons either all records showing 350 z have been changed by autotrader to 350z or people actually posting on autotrader have entered it correctly in the first place.

• Like 1

I'm guessing it's a fault on their database, rather than user input error; if I put my reg into their "Sell My Car" page, it comes up automatically as a 370 Z. Must be two possible categories for our cars for some (or possibly no) reason.

its been like this for ages - I almost emailed them when I was looking for a 370, just poor quality checks obviously no one can be fussed to merge them? Carandclassic are worse about 5 versions of the same model but thats because its manually entered by people rather than robots

I've just popped an email over to customer services querying this issue. I'll let you know what they come back with.

I emailed and tweeted them back in January about it, they ignored both. Let me know if they respond...

I've just popped an email over to customer services querying this issue. I'll let you know what they come back with.

I emailed and tweeted them back in January about it, they ignored both. Let me know if they respond...

Thats odd they have emailed me back very quickly about other stuff? Maybe they have outsourced the managing of the database and its a pain to go through some change process to get the smallest thing changed? Anyway good luck with your searches folks....

Still no response from Autotrader - it's been 3 days since I emailed them. Pretty poor if you ask me!

Doubt you'll get a reply but you never know.

I once emailed Capital FM to question them as to why they repeated the same songs so often throughout the day. Got no reply from them even though my email was very polite and asking a serious question.

So easy for these companies just to ignore you when you write emails or letters, ...much harder though if you actually phone them. ;)