Missfire, No Code

Mulbers

Afternoon,

I've had my Z (2003 GT 69k) a month or two now and I have notice it has a missfire when at idle. Ever so slight, I can just feel it hiccup. I took a punt on an ebay special EML327 to try and find a fault code. Nothing came up. I don't know if that is because of the equipment and app (Dashcommand) though.

I've also noticed when after having a spirited blast I can smell sulphur dioxide. Is this because of rich running, knackered CAT, the missfire or just how they smell when rather warm?

I need to narrow these things down to find the fault. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

All the best.

Check for possible exhaust leaks underneath, right from the manifold all the way back. That could well cause the smell, and it may be causing a hiccup that could be interpreted as a misfire.

I only say that as it's very unlikely to get a misfire with no code, especially if it happens regularly enough for you to notice it.

if you are getting a sensation that feels like a missfire but no fault code i would suggest looking to see if you have a vacuum leak somewhere.

if you have an air leak after the MAF or on a Vacuum hose it can give a lumpy idle and not throw an error code.

• 3 weeks later...

if you are getting a sensation that feels like a missfire but no fault code i would suggest looking to see if you have a vacuum leak somewhere.

if you have an air leak after the MAF or on a Vacuum hose it can give a lumpy idle and not throw an error code.

Thanks for the reply. I will check this out over the weekend.