Clutch Time @ 62k

Simonsca4

What you've been quoted is very reasonable I'd say.

Average clutch and flywheel quotes including labour ranges from £800-1000 depending on where you're going I thought?

Edited by tomdotc

Its clutch only, all in, I'm in Worthing, so might see what sort of figure Super 7 come up with????

Is that a statement or a question? :lol:

Sounds like a statement but has many ????

:kissing:

I've had a look and the only Super7 I can find is in Henfield? That's not exactly Worthing. Seems like there is a few Zeds in Worthing, I never see any :( well apart from a GP who doesn't acknowledge other Zeds.

When do you know if the clutch is going? Mine feels like its on its way out as it is slipping. Done 86,000 miles so definitely due one, but not sure if it has been replaced before.

Also, a lot of burning smell comes from the car now, which I am assuming is the clutch?

Edited by Mooresy14

I had new clutch put in by super7 at worthing awesome job.

You can get the parts from clark motorsports here

Where abouts are super7? I might have to pay them a visit for a few things if they are any good.

They are very good matey

Been using them for long time now

Super 7 Autos

16 Bashfords lane

Worthing

BN14 8AF

When do you know if the clutch is going? Mine feels like its on its way out as it is slipping. Done 86,000 miles so definitely due one, but not sure if it has been replaced before.

Also, a lot of burning smell comes from the car now, which I am assuming is the clutch?

My car has 117,000 miles on with no evidence of a clutch change but all seems fine. Recently my car developed a bad burning smell which I thought was the clutch but turned out to be a burning plastic carrier bag that had attached itself to my shiny nee Y Pipe on the exhaust.

Have a look mate to see if there is a bag attached somewhere underneath. Next step is to start the car from cold and leave it running for a good 30 minutes without driving it. Then go and see if the smell is there. If it occurs without any driving (Like mine did) then it shouldn't be clutch or brakes and will probably be an oil leak of some kind.

Good luck! It did my head in figuring out what the smell was lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Edited by Darren350

• 3 weeks later...