Kangaroo zed.

the_doc

Recently purchased my zed which is an 06 JDM import.

Didn't notice it on the test drive but when the car is cold the rev counter is stuttering/jumping around when cold which makes the car pretty jerky and annoying to drive until it warms up.

It only seems to happen around the 2k/rpm point.

Don't suppose anybody else has had a similar problem, also if so how did you rectify it?

Changed the oil this weekend but it had no effect.

Cheers in advance, Jay. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update on this, gave the front face of the throttle body and maf sensor a clean which seemed to reduce the stuttering.

Next step is to remove the throttle body and clean it properly.

I'll let everyone know if that sorts it.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update, cleaning the throttle body didn't work.

So changed the plugs today and they were knackered. Plug gap was massive and the electrodes were really deteriorated. Despite apparently being serviced :unsure:

On the bright side stuttering has finally gone and she's a pleasure to drive again. :D

• Like 2

Okay, may need a bit more help now. It appears the stutter hasn't gone away now so the symptoms have changed slightly. No fault codes shown from my friends obd reader, but it was struggling to connect.

The car doesn't stutter on the initial 30 seconds from a cold start but is really apparent until ten minutes of driving has passed and the car is properly warmed up.

Doesn't seem to be a misfire as the engine still sounds pretty smooth. However the revs rise to 2k rpm then there is a slight interruption and they drop slightly.

When it does this you can hear a slight click under the bonnet possibly a solenoid or something.

I have already changed the oil, spark plugs and also bought a coil pack which I swapped around all the cylinders in the hope a pack was beginning to fail.

I also cleaned the throttle body and maf sensor.

Any experts on here that can shed any light on this or anybody whose had the same problem? Don't want to spend silly money changing everything when its probably just a sensor.