Imagine taking your car in for service and this happens !!

lomoto

This really is a good example of why you should never collect your car in the evening. I do realise this bloke probably didn't but you know what I mean. If it was me I'd refuse to accept the car back in that condition, call the local cops, demand to see the garage manager and service manager and call the head office while standing in the garage in front of them. As soon as the car is out the gate they'll deny all responsibility.

It’s a shame so many garages act like this. If you speak to more senior staff they’ll agree that word of mouth is vital to their business and are well aware of the forums on the web. Many sales staff browse forums and are members of some. When I got my Z the sales man who didn’t even own one chatted to me about various forums including this one.

The owner of the Jag must have been in tears when he saw it.

Just read the same - I think the point to take from it all, and sadly its a little late for that unfortunate soul...

Never let a dealer wash your car.

I certainly dont, and although Im probably not the best at washing my own car, if I scratch it or damage it in any way, I find it a lot easier to live with and a whole lot less stressful than if someone else did it.

I certainly dont, and although Im probably not the best at washing my own car, if I scratch it or damage it in any way, I find it a lot easier to live with and a whole lot less stressful than if someone else did it.

So true.

Just read the same - I think the point to take from it all, and sadly its a little late for that unfortunate soul...

+1...mind to be honest it's very rare for me to frequent a dealers workshop facilities ;)

Do you not find that when at the dealer you ask them not to wash it but they do it anyway???

Ive had that in the past, but not more recently. I suppose that as that request becomes more common from owners, they will listen out for it.

Ill be trying a new dealer come the next service for this car, as my current dealer has very little space on their plot, and last time the car was parked in so tightly against others, Tracy couldnt even open the passenger door. I also had to squirm to get in the drivers side, it was a joke.

I know the dealers in Mansfield have a lot more space at their plot, so should be less worried about door knocks etc.

yeah the one at mansfield is ok but the service area is in a different area, down a side road next to a esso garage BUT you have got to be careful as there's quite a few large potholes and one huge speed hump :headhurt:

had no trouble from them so far :)

We always give a courtesy wash and vac, but we would not if the customer asked us not to. The wife and I are car enthusiasts, thats why we started this business, so dropped Chammys and Sponges are put in the bin ! We won't use one of those plastic blade type devices either. I have seen those things make a right mess of a car when a few bits of grit get stuck on the blade.