Good price??

stuarty

I took my Z4 to a local bodyshop who have a brilliant reputation and I have used in the past.

I asked for a price to paint my front bumper (few stone chips), paint both wing mirrors (slight scratches), prep and paint my chrome and silver kidney grills gloss black (can't buy genuine BMW and only matt black after market available for e86) and finally to prep and machine polish and wax my whole car.

They said they would need my car for 3 days as the machine prep and polish would take best part of a day. They quoted me £200.

Does this sound good value? I'm happy with the price and I've saw lots of there work and it's always excellent.

sounds too cheap, bite their hand off

If I didn't know the owner and I hadn't seen there work i would think it was too cheap too. The very same place did some work for me on a few occassions.

When I had my 350z i wanted him to paint the bumper and remove a trickle charger port from the front wing, fill and paint it. Can't remember what he quoted me, but i remember he offered to paint the whole car for £600!

So you've used the place before, were happy with the work, are happy with the price quoted for this work, but you're asking a bunch of strangers on the internet whether to go with it or not?

:lol:

A second opinion is always welcome, lol. Plus I was wondering if any advice would be given regarding machine polishing etc, like make sure he......

So you've used the place before, were happy with the work, are happy with the price quoted for this work, but you're asking a bunch of strangers on the internet whether to go with it or not?

:lol:

Question regarding machine polishing. The guy said he will prep the car and clean it all down with IPA wipe or whatever body shops use, lol. Does this eliminate the need for claying before machine polishing?

It should cost 200 to get a decent machine polish done... Not sure how they can make money on this price.

Yeah I had my brand new e92 in alpine white detailed and cost more. But i used a detailer and i forgot the guy at this bodyshop offered machine polishing service.