Apex Springs

Jetpilot

Hmmm I'm guessing no by the price. Progressive springs tend to be a bit more expensive. I have K-Sports which I don't think are progressive, I just bought them because they were a good price and orange :D

Apologies for being so clueless here but what are progressive springs and how does it affect the ride etc?

I'm looking at springs now and saw that the Apex one's seem to be cheapest and still lower 30mm? Looks like you both would reccomend them but do you have any pcis of them on the car? I'm trying to gauge ride height!

Apologies for being so clueless here but what are progressive springs and how does it affect the ride etc?

I'm looking at springs now and saw that the Apex one's seem to be cheapest and still lower 30mm? Looks like you both would reccomend them but do you have any pcis of them on the car? I'm trying to gauge ride height!

In basic terms, its like having 2 different spring rates, the more you compress the spring (cornering) the harder it becomes.

I have picked up some Eibachs for track work so my Apex will be available if you want them, pm me :)

Photo on Apex springs below ;)

Kandywinnings3_zpsb23c9278.jpg

So the Tein's get firmer the more they compress?

Yeah, the first few turns of the coil are closer together so they compress the distance to the next coil quicker, then the spacing spreads out therefore making them stiffer as more force is required to close the gap between one coil and the next.

In basic terms, its like having 2 different spring rates, the more you compress the spring (cornering) the harder it becomes.

I have picked up some Eibachs for track work so my Apex will be available if you want them, pm me :)

Photo on Apex springs below ;)

Cheers mate! It's always difficult to tell from pics, is the ride fheight difference when you look at it?

Will drop you a PM now ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi guys I am interested in lowering my car on apex springs too.

What sort of changes happen to the camber when the car is lower? Does the camber increase or decrease?

Thanks

Camber and toe will increase when you lower it. However, you won't know how much until you do it.