ICE install starts today - Any advice?

Fluke

With lots of advice from OV53 about what kit to get, I have finally got a weekend off work so that I can install this little lot.

96139cb66c88725aff9b827f562662ac.jpg

I plan on using the stock sub position and will seal it with dynomat, hopefully the Hertz ES250.5 sub will work nicely there. The Alpine PDX-9 5 Chanel amp should fit nicely into the cubby behind the passenger seat, the Morel Tempo coax will go into the rear speaker pods and the Tempo 2 ways should sound great in the doors.

I have plenty of dynomat to cover the door speaker areas, is it worth putting some inside on the door skin itself?

I have 14 awg Stinger pro speaker wire, to run down each side of the car doors and my plan was to run RCA leads from the head unit down one side of the transmission tunnel and the power to the sub down the other side. Does that sound ok?

I have a little experience with ICE, but this is my first go at a decent install, so any advice would be most welcome. :thumbs:

You should always keep the power wire away from the RCA leads and specked wires as it interferes with the sound some times that's all you really need to no mate and it's easy to install in a zed. Just run the power wire from the battery to the amp throw the big bung in the bulkhead next to the battery and then seal it up to stop water getting in to the car :-)

And with the sound proofing just put it every were you can start from were the speakers are sat then work you way from that :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Briggsybriggs1

Not jealous at all! That is an obvious lie.......

Propet setup that is! People of the 350z UK forum take note, this is how you upgrade a soundsystem!

It's funny you should mention that you are getting amongst I today as I am doing a little bit of soundsystem modification myself today.

PM me if you get stuck bonny lad!

Edited by OV53

Seats are out along with the interior trim and I have just finished lining out the sub enclosure with 2 layers of dynomat.

d833071fc2d950f63f29a2c21c5506a7.jpg

I now now need to figure out how to attached the sub to the mounting plate, as there is not enough room around the edges to put screws, there's a 1/4 inch gap all the way round. Any ideas?

02414af739d08556124c1a88df1d3c20.jpg

Looks like a trip to B&Q then. :thumbs:

Wheres es the best place to feed the positive wire through to the battery? I can't see the grommet where the cars wiring loom goes into the cabin, anyone got a picture?

That looks awesome! How much did you pay for the dynamat?

I got dynamat and silent coat from ebay, I used the silent coat to line the inside of the subwoofer enclosure.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silent-Coat-2mm-10-Sheets-Car-Deadening-Vibration-Sound-Proofing-Damping-Mat-/161254783955?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item258b88bbd3

I found the grommet, it was under the scuttle behind the battery.

c3f13cce02294f3bbf6f73b4224d66c6.jpg

I sealed the cut I made with a big glop of clear sealant, I plan on giving my engine bay a good clean when the weather warms up, so will sort out the grime at a later date.

255772317c0d8dc463114d7df854263f.jpg

I broke my passenger door trim whilst removing it, I didn't realise how brittle it was. :rant: So have now posted in the wanted section.

• Like 1

The weather got the best of me today, so I didn't get finished. :blush: The rear speakers and sub are installed, along with the amp. I have run all the cables for the front speakers and just tucked them out the way for now. I have everything powered up so that I can at least have some sound for the 200 mile round trip to and from work. The sub sounds bloody fantastic, as do the rear speakers.

Hopefully I should be able to get the front door speakers installed next weekend, for now here is how the amp looks, nice and neat and fits perfectly. :D The amp looks scratched but it's Just needs a good hoover to remove the dust and lint.

1f1d319cf86185731a16e34fdb714ca9.jpg

• Like 1

Yes man! Looks wicked that amp, so small! Just need to have a play with the HPF knobs on the side now until you find a nice balance for the speakers.

I have mine set to "face melting" for the sub and "pin drop" for the components.

Yes man! Looks wicked that amp, so small! Just need to have a play with the HPF knobs on the side now until you find a nice balance for the speakers.

I have mine set to "face melting" for the sub and "pin drop" for the components.

I have no idea on how to set speakers up, is there an online guide anywhere?