Anyone want a 370z reversing camera kit

flyboy

I'm installing a rear view camera to the 370 in the next week or so.

Wondering if there is a demand for me to make a kit of parts available.

It would be an OEM plug style wiring loom for plug and play to the head unit.

Reversing camera without grid lines to use the premium connect grid lines as I believe they move with the steering lock if set up correctly.

To include full instructions on how to access the hidden menu and set up the grid lines.

An optional bit of kit would be to make it wireless so no need to run a wire from the boot through the car to the head unit.

This is what I am installing on mine to see how good the transceiver is.

You would need a premium connect sat nav unit ( touch screen ) to make it work.

Price is likely to be around the £80-100 mark

Got one but is a must on the 370 imo

Good price :thumbs:

Steering input does show on the grid :thumbs:

What camera ? The one that fits in the number plate light ?

You can turn the camera on in the menu when you're driving forward ( see what you have just passed) B)

Edited by GIXXERUK

Hi flyboy

If you go ahead with the kits I'd take a punt.

Few things to do first but putting a reverse cam on my 370 is on my to do list as rear visibility when parking is a pain and I don't want to drill my bumper to fit parking sensors :)

Edited by tatooandy67

I need to order 10 cameras to get them with the grid lines removed from the first supplier i have had an answer from, Waiting on the next 2 to reply.

I imagine they are just on a piece of clear film in front of the ccd and should be quite easy to remove,

Has anyone got a camera without them?

• Like 1

I'm installing a rear view camera to the 370 in the next week or so.

Wondering if there is a demand for me to make a kit of parts available.

It would be an OEM plug style wiring loom for plug and play to the head unit.

Reversing camera without grid lines to use the premium connect grid lines as I believe they move with the steering lock if set up correctly.

To include full instructions on how to access the hidden menu and set up the grid lines.

An optional bit of kit would be to make it wireless so no need to run a wire from the boot through the car to the head unit.

This is what I am installing on mine to see how good the transceiver is.

You would need a premium connect sat nav unit ( touch screen ) to make it work.

Price is likely to be around the £80-100 mark

Please count me in, no further questions so just let me know the cost and when you wish to receive payment. This is an excellent opportunity so thank you for offering this :)

I need to order 10 cameras to get them with the grid lines removed from the first supplier i have had an answer from, Waiting on the next 2 to reply.

I imagine they are just on a piece of clear film in front of the ccd and should be quite easy to remove,

I've got a camera with pre-installed gridlines and I'd like to get rid of them. How sure are you that it's just a piece of clear film in front of the ccd, before I go taking my camera apart?

Also, I'll re-emphasise what you've been saying about your kits being only suitable for 2010 model cars onwards - the ones with Connect Premium stereo/satnav systems. My system, which was built & supplied by someone from 'the other place' is exactly as you describe - and it works beautifully. I cannot recommend them highly enough, because, as anyone with a 370 knows, rear visibility is quite dodgy.

Edited by chubbster

I've got a camera with pre-installed gridlines and I'd like to get rid of them. How sure are you that it's just a piece of clear film in front of the ccd, before I go taking my camera apart?

Im not! but I can never resist taking stuff apart, All the images I have seen have the same grid lines and they all look painted on so ill risk taking the first one apart

to see if its on a film in front of the ccd behind the lens. It makes sense to me that it is and is not added electronically.

Still trying to get some cameras without the grid lines to start with though.

Re: GIXXERUK

Cheers mate! If I ever get the car photo-ready (i.e. wash it) I'll take some pictures - never been my strong suit though....

I had the kit from the guy in the US on my previous 370 as it didn't come with a reversing camera as standard. It was a really good kit - the picture was great. If we can get someone supplying something similar over here I think there would be quite a few takers.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very interested in one for my 59 plate :-)

As in my first post "You would need a premium connect sat nav unit ( touch screen ) to make it work."

I dont think these were available until 2010.

I have the bits on order for mine but wont be here for a week.

Please continue to post if you are interested and have a touch screen sat nav.

Ill start a list once I have installed mine.

• 2 weeks later...