370z lowering springs advice needed

tatooandy67

Hi, I have decided to lower my 370z coupe and have decided on one of the following choices

1. ARK GT-s which according to the info I have found will give a drop of F 35mm R 30mm approx

2. Eibach lowering springs which will give a drop of F25mm. R20mm approx

I am undecided between these two options, I think I would prefer the extra 10 mm drop from the ARK GT-s as I feel this would better suit the look that I'm after but the questions I have are......would a 35/30 drop give me any alignment issues and if so what are my options to overcome them ? Also I intend to fit spacers in which case would I suffer from any rubbing around the arches and again if so what would be my options to remedy this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as this mod is next on my to do list so if you have any words of wisdom please chip in.

Thanks for any advice you can offer Andy :)

Normally if going for the Eibach springs you will require rear camber adjustment arms to get the specification back within Nissans spec. I would reckon lower than that and you will need front camber arms as well.

Ewen

Thanks for your input I reckon I better get on the search button for prices :) any suggestions appreciated

Andy, the 370z that we supplied and fitted the Eibach springs to had rear camber arms fitted too, to dial in the geo... :)

Hi again CS thanks for your input I was going to contact you about this. I know the Eibachs are a popular choice but I would really like to get a little extra drop if that makes sense :). Is this something you could help with or would I be looking at unnecessary expense and hassle to go that extra 10mm from the ARK GT-s springs :)

The Eibachs sit really well, we've had them side by side with other springs and looks/comfort they work really well, anything lower will most likely warrant front correction kits too... :)

Food for thought :) would it be beneficial maybe to have a drive over to discuss options as that way we could discuss pros and cons of what I would like to achieve and what is financially viable

Dropping 35mm on the front and 30mm on the rear will for sure give you clearance issues regarding speed humps,kerbs,ramps etc. I have Swift Spec R lowering springs which are very highly regarding on the US 370 forum and lower 30mm front 25mm rear. I had to remove the front chin spoiler and tyre deflectors otherwise they would be mangled. Speed humps still have to be taken at an angle to avoid scaping. I actually think the front of my 370 looks tidier wihout the chin spoiler and tyre deflectors.

Once lowered you will defo need spacers. I eventually settled on 25mm front and 20mm rear which takes me flush with the bodywork and yes I did get slight rubbing on the wheel arch liner. Once the springs and spacers were fitted I then had the geo done and found all but one corner was in factory spec so decided against camber arms at that stage. That was around 6000 miles ago and have got to say tyre wear is quite even.

You are welcome to pop over to Leicester and have a look at my 370 sometime. I'm 10mins from junction 20 M1.

Also would thoroughly recommend CS top chaps Mitz and Andy who know their stuff!

Cheers,

Scotty

• Like 1

Dropping 35mm on the front and 30mm on the rear will for sure give you clearance issues regarding speed humps,kerbs,ramps etc. I have Swift Spec R lowering springs which are very highly regarding on the US 370 forum and lower 30mm front 25mm rear. I had to remove the front chin spoiler and tyre deflectors otherwise they would be mangled. Speed humps still have to be taken at an angle to avoid scaping. I actually think the front of my 370 looks tidier wihout the chin spoiler and tyre deflectors.

Once lowered you will defo need spacers. I eventually settled on 25mm front and 20mm rear which takes me flush with the bodywork and yes I did get slight rubbing on the wheel arch liner. Once the springs and spacers were fitted I then had the geo done and found all but one corner was in factory spec so decided against camber arms at that stage. That was around 6000 miles ago and have got to say tyre wear is quite even.

You are welcome to pop over to Leicester and have a look at my 370 sometime. I'm 10mins from junction 20 M1.

Also would thoroughly recommend CS top chaps Mitz and Andy who know their stuff!

Cheers,

Scotty

Hi Scotty thanks for that very detailed reply, I'm heading over to CS next Monday afternoon to discuss options.

It would be great to see your zed and meet a fellow zed fan :)

Did you have to order your springs from over the pond or was a trader on here able to help ?

I too am intending to remove the tyre deflectors and chin spoiler once lowered as I feel it looks a little cluttered, think it will look better with just a body coloured front splitter.

Only had my zed for 5 months so only just starting on the mods, just pc'd my rays, centre back exhaust and got a cf gear knob but feel somewhat addicted ;)

Think lowering and spacers is a good next step hence the visit to CS

Look forward to seeing your zed, be good to see how it looks lowered and spacered as pics on net seldom do these beautiful cars justice.

Cheers Andy

Swift springs were from Tarmac ( a trader on here) - he did them as a one off for me as they were quite expensive and had to be sourced from USA.

What time are you at CS on Monday?

Just been confirmed going over at midday to discuss options and prices etc. be great if you have time to drop in, love to see your car, looks great in the pics I looked up your post about the swift springs.

• 1 month later...

bump- just wondering if you got these fitted and what correction you got to get back into spec?

Hi, went for ark gt-f springs 30f 25r & eibach spacers 25f 20r CS did the supply & fit only been on 2 days, no correction kit fitted yet, car feels.drives ok, will get alignment checked/altered when everything settled after couple hundred miles or so and post back results :)

How are you finding ground clearance? I know when I had a 370z Roadster for a few days I really struggled. It would scrape over any speed ramp I came to and even getting on/off my drive - and that was with standard springs!

thats odd, never had a problem with mine and it feels like a 4x4 but it is the first car I have had on standard suspension for a long time

How are you finding ground clearance? I know when I had a 370z Roadster for a few days I really struggled. It would scrape over any speed ramp I came to and even getting on/off my drive - and that was with standard springs!

So far ok, there is only 2 speed bumps where I work and I take those quite slowly and at a slight angle(much to the annoyance of cars behind me) other than that I just do my best to plan my routes to avoid them. Getting on/off the drive seems ok as I again go very slowly and at an angle, clearance really only seems to be an issue with the lower edge of the front bumper, if I get that clear it seems ok.... Famous last words, I'll probably scrape it now on my way home :lol:

Haven't put a front lip on yet .... that may be an issue but will have to wait and see :)

• Like 1

thats odd, never had a problem with mine and it feels like a 4x4 but it is the first car I have had on standard suspension for a long time

Are you saying im fat? :wacko::rant::lol:

• Like 1

Are you saying im fat? :wacko::rant::lol:

:lol: as if !! but i'm sure those big ears dont help :thumbs:

• Like 1