Rosie takes a trip to abbey motorsport

Will370z

Right Will

One thing I find annoying about the 370 is that when you pull away in 1st it's as if the power dips just for a millisecond, I think yours is auto so you may not know what I mean, just wondering if the map smooths that out ?

Never seen those sort of figures on mine B)

Yup I know exactly what you mean and it definitely helps with that. It was always something I was conscious of.

Yup Andy that was an average given limited traffic :)

Edited by Will370z

• 1 month later...

Dose mapping hurt the car in anyway ?

In a sensible word - no.

Standard car maps are created so that they met certain efficiency ratings and EU regulations regards fuel and emissions, sometimes at the detriment of power and delivery.

They also make the car easier to sit at national set speed limits, such as 30, 50 & 70. When the car is sitting at 30 it will have a smoother, less aggressive fuelling ratio, so it's more comfortable and can maintain the accurate speed better, less edgy and gear to set off if you like.

By adjusting the fuelling for consistent power delivery and smooth out the 'flat spots' in the rev range you will achieve a much smother, progressive, steady power curve up the rev range.

As long as the fuelling is adjusted to the capabilities of the engine, it'll be fine.

Dose mapping hurt the car in anyway ?

In a sensible word - no.

Standard car maps are created so that they met certain efficiency ratings and EU regulations regards fuel and emissions, sometimes at the detriment of power and delivery.

They also make the car easier to sit at national set speed limits, such as 30, 50 & 70. When the car is sitting at 30 it will have a smoother, less aggressive fuelling ratio, so it's more comfortable and can maintain the accurate speed better, less edgy and gear to set off if you like.

By adjusting the fuelling for consistent power delivery and smooth out the 'flat spots' in the rev range you will achieve a much smother, progressive, steady power curve up the rev range.

As long as the fuelling is adjusted to the capabilities of the engine, it'll be fine.

simply yes the maps are generic to encompass all enviroments, climates, emissions, air temp, relative humidity etc etc

The 1st 3 gears are limited , the limit is in throttle response not opening %, i.e the butterfly response is slower in the lower 3 gears than in the upper 3 gears.

afaik it adjust a/f ratio, fueling and timing etc - the map is for the uk and it's sunny climate ;(

Edited by GIXXERUK

I NEED an UpRev on the 70 but need to think of a valid excuse to spend £400 mid house purchase ;)

And an exhaust purchase

I know this will sound like a broken record but you really do need an exhaust on that VQ of yours first IMO.

The benefits that brings you'll appreciate more than the up-rev.

I bought a ARK GRiP system for mine a few months back and I didn't realise how much I'd love it so.

Pipes.jpg

• Like 1

I NEED an UpRev on the 70 but need to think of a valid excuse to spend £400 mid house purchase ;)

And an exhaust purchase

I know this will sound like a broken record but you really do need an exhaust on that VQ of yours first IMO.

The benefits that brings you'll appreciate more than the up-rev.

I bought a ARK GRiP system for mine a few months back and I didn't realise how much I'd love it so.

Pipes.jpg

Haha cheers guys. Nothing like a forum to spend your money!

Exhaust from CS should be here with me Tuesday and on in time for Japfest.

The UpRev will save money on fuel going down to Le Mans so therefore is a must.....right?!

The UpRev will save money on fuel going down to Le Mans so therefore is a must.....right?!

Nope, its referred to as, 'an investment'.

Man Maths:

With a difference of 3mpg it would take 18k to save £400 on fuel....;)

id be interested to know what an uprevved 370z makes! been kinda considering if/when I could upgrade to a 370z but have to drive one first to see if an extra 60hp is worth the extra outlay.

http://www.350z-uk.com/gallery/image/979-uprev1/

http://www.350z-uk.com/gallery/image/980-uprev2/

Mine turned out quite well. That's at the rear wheels. Not sure what that equates to at the engine, maybe 370ish? Be quite nice to have bang on 370bhp in a 370Z, but it's more likely around 367bhp. Still, it only counts at the rear wheels :D

• Like 2

Do you have any drone from it

Dose it scrape it looks low

Looks nice tho mate

Got cha, cheers :) .

No drone but then again I've only really ever had quality exhaust systems, so I don't really know what you'd class as drone ??

Also worth adding that the sound changes as the system cokes up, the sound it has now is a lot different to how it was when it was first installed, the same sort of sound, just more pronounced and has a wider range - better really, lol.

Cold start up its deep and loud but then by the time it reaches temp it settles into a deep, burble.

The system is true duel system, so you can hear the separate cylinders blatantly, which is great, as come on, the engine in this car is a good one.

At motorway speeds it's noticeable but no way intrusive at all so long distances are no issue at all.

The syncro-rev gear box on the 370Z is bliss with this and you'll purposely be going into roundabouts hot just to hear it bark and spit on the run down.

When it's hot, it snarls and barks, on track it got real hot and I was approached a few times by other drivers after a session to say how good it sounds.

You will also have your window wound down all the time juts to hear it.

Clearance is no problem at all, I'm running OEM chassis and wheels and to get into my car park at home I have to go over two large speed bumps and never once, have I ever heard any sort of clipping or scraping.

I procrastinated a long time about my system and used the criteria of sound-looks-performance as measuring sticks to what I wanted.

The ARK came out top for me on sound and looks, so I went for it.

The time and thought that went into it was really worth it.

Hope this helps a bit, I may have written something else about it in my thread that I've not put in here, so if you want more have a look here....

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/71638-suits-le-mans-blue-370z-small-ark-grip-video-150214/

• Like 1

Although I've just been reading a thread all about the cluch and gearbox fallers so wonder weather to keep the car lol

Do you mean the agricultrual feel of the clutch and gearbox on the 370Z ??

Yeah, it's massive, inaccurate and sloppy in my opinion....................but it works. The engine and general set up of the car means that you don't have to snap the gear changes like you may want to or feel the need too when pressing on.

I almost feel that the more patient you are with it the better results you get.

I don't think I'll ever be totally at home with it but Im certainly to a level now with it where it doesn't bother me enough to seriously complain about it.

Worth a thought I suppose.

I agree my pal drove it the other week and I aid just take your time it won't snap in like his s2k

I really can't get 6th somtimes

One guy sod he's on his 3rd gearbox clutch seems to be an issue

Don't get me wrong I love my 370