How do you turn off traction control?

TiN TiN

Sorry to bump an old'ish topic - no point starting a new one cos someone will only link this :lol:

If you want traction control and stability control Off, but ABS reman on, the you need to disconnect the Yaw sensor that is under the center console/ashtray area.

Is this the way to do it then?

Stevo - you say brake lights are disabled though...

Planning some drift days soon, so looking for the answers. Something that keeps the brake lights working too would be great

:)

Sorry to bump an old'ish topic - no point starting a new one cos someone will only link this :lol:

If you want traction control and stability control Off, but ABS reman on, the you need to disconnect the Yaw sensor that is under the center console/ashtray area.

Is this the way to do it then?

Stevo - you say brake lights are disabled though...

Planning some drift days soon, so looking for the answers. Something that keeps the brake lights working too would be great

:)

drift without using the foot brake i do

I was hoping you two would reply :)

So just to confirm...simply switching off the traction does the trick when starting the car up everytime?

Im looking for a solution that can be used everyday, so brake lights working would be important...

No burnouts btw lol - Just sideways

Edited by RVSV2824

If you push the ESP button and get the light on the dash, then it has disabled the traction control. So it will allow the rear wheels to spin and loose traction without interfering. The Stability control remains on, so for example if you go too hot into a corner and the car thinks its unstable, it will brake individual wheels to try and keep you on the road.

I believe if you pull the fuse it turns everything off including ABS! so be aware.

A straight up correct and easy answer to this thread that answers the question :) thanks :thumbs:

If you push the ESP button and get the light on the dash, then it has disabled the traction control. So it will allow the rear wheels to spin and loose traction without interfering. The Stability control remains on, so for example if you go too hot into a corner and the car thinks its unstable, it will brake individual wheels to try and keep you on the road.

I believe if you pull the fuse it turns everything off including ABS! so be aware.

A straight up correct and easy answer to this thread that answers the question :) thanks :thumbs:

I most definitely agree but unsure about the brake light situation when disconnecting the sensor under the console.

I guess easiest way to find out is to go try...

Why on earth is has thread become so complicated and convoluted?

Press the ESP button and you will turn traction control off sufficiently to allow you to go sideways & do donuts. If your ESP is off, you will see an orange warning light on your dash. I used to drive with ESP off all the time in my 350's - great fun.

If you have an import the button is VDC, not ESP, but it does the same thing.

Except it doesnt ;)

The easiest way to disconnect ABS, TC and VDC is to pull the two plugs on the inside wing by the brake fluid reservoir, and plug em back in when youre done. You will see SLIP, handbrake and TC lights come up on the dash and the car is then all yours :)

For donuts pushing the button and turning TC off is fine, If youre track driving IMO the VDC on the front wheels can be intrusive,even dangerous and if youve ever been backwards in an ABS car yopull know why you dont want it on for drifting ............ :lol:

• Like 2