Y-pipe mesh/flex joint damaged on a hump...

Dynamic Turtle

Please see the attached picture. Is this something to be worried about? I managed to tear the mesh going over a dip into a car park at 2mph (argh!). The exhaust note has not changed at all and the car seemed to work just fine - no noticeable change in characteristics. But is this something to be worried about?

Thanks, DT

post-16380-0-10215000-1393886526_thumb.jpg

These flexi joints do go unfortunately but it's always a pain when these things happen accidentally. I'd just keep a good eye on it to make sure it's not blowing.

It will probably start to blacken up around the area quite quickly if it is blowing. If that happens then you will need it replacing as a blowing exhaust would be an MOT failure I believe. Wouldn't worry about it too much though. :thumbs:

These flexi joints do go unfortunately but it's always a pain when these things happen accidentally. I'd just keep a good eye on it to make sure it's not blowing.

It will probably start to blacken up around the area quite quickly if it is blowing. If that happens then you will need it replacing as a blowing exhaust would be an MOT failure I believe. Wouldn't worry about it too much though. :thumbs:

Thankfully I had the MOT done last month :)