Replacement LED bulbs for number plate

Jack Carter

Finally picked up my 370z yesterday. Love it !

Apart from the number plate bulbs on the rear of the car. I want to get rid of that ancient yellow look and replace the bulbs with a couple of error free LED bulbs.

I'm right in thinking they are the 501 w5w type ?

Does anyone know (or has used) a reputable seller where I can get these ?

Thanks in advance :thumbs:

Edited by Jack Carter

A trader member on here called cs2000 does complete bulb kits for the 350Z & 370Z so you could ask him. http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/76521-350z-370z-led-bulb-kits/

I just bought 501 type LED's from eBay for mine ~ well I got them as a present but that's where they came from. Similar to these; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-XENON-PURE-WHITE-5-SMD-LED-SIDELIGHT-INTERIOR-BULB-T10-W5W-501-6000K-6K-/251231914595?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a7e96ca63

Hope that helps. :thumbs:

Yes 501

I've done the interior lights, side lights, number plate lights, boot light, vanity mirror lights and reverse lights on my 370

Non will give errors, the indicators require a resistor

Edited by GIXXERUK

Brilliant - Thanks guys :thumbs:

GIXXERUK - Where did you get your bulbs from ?

I know this won't help but I bought from a variety of places, non off them affect the canbus and don't need to be error free, you're just paying extra for no reason

Cree are very good but I've changed almost all bulbs to LEDs on my last 3 cars and not had a bulb fail

The only bulbs I would be concerned about really would be anything that fits in the headlight or rear light as its a bit of a pain to get in there, the rest are a 2 min job to change

The rear lights are a pain because most of the boot trim has be removed ( much easier on the 350z)

Most affective are :-

Number plate lights

Interior lights

Front side lights ( oem are yellow and don't suit the headlight)

I also fitted the illuminated Z entry guards on the door sills, look great at night

Hth

Paul

Oh yeah, then there's the reversing camera B)

Edited by GIXXERUK

Someone call?

The bulb types are very easy to find for the entire car, just use google. But I spent too much time and money buying cheap crap from eBay which is why I sell my bulb kits. Not the cheapest way, but you get what you pay for :)

Probably sold somewhere around 60 kits and had a total of around 5-6 bulb failures, all of which were promptly replaced. Not too bad when you consider the full kit contains 11 bulbs.

Edited by cs2000
  • Like 1

Post some pics of you're car Jack :thumbs:

I will - as soon as the rain eases ! :lol:

Someone call?

The bulb types are very easy to find for the entire car, just use google. But I spent too much time and money buying cheap crap from eBay which is why I sell my bulb kits. Not the cheapest way, but you get what you pay for :)

Probably sold somewhere around 60 kits and had a total of around 5-6 bulb failures, all of which were promptly replaced. Not too bad when you consider the full kit contains 11 bulbs.

I've ordered a couple of number plate bulbs off Ebay now so will report back on how I get on. If they prove to be a problem, I'll be in touch about a kit cs2000 :thumbs:

Cheers guys :thumbs:

Well, I got the bulbs and finally fitted them today. They are 5SMD bulbs and have transformed the rear look of the car. Thanks for the advice above :thumbs:

I'm now thinking along the lines of changing the Z side indicators to LED. Can it be done ?

What bulbs are they and how do the roundels come off ? :unsure:

Thanks again guys :thumbs:

Edited by Jack Carter

Well, I got the bulbs and finally fitted them today. They are 5SMD bulbs and have transformed the rear look of the car. Thanks for the advice above :thumbs:

I'm now thinking along the lines of changing the Z side indicators to LED. Can it be done ?

What bulbs are they and how do the roundels come off ? :unsure:

Thanks again guys :thumbs:

Glad you got them fitted ~ funny how little things like this can make such a cool difference sometimes. :D

Don't quote me but I think the side indicators might be 501 bulbs again. Although not sure if you can get them in LED as wouldn't you need orange ones? :dry:

My 350 you see has clear side lenses but not sure what the 370 has. I'd try asking CS2000 for his great bulb knowledge. ;)

Number plate LEDs make the car look newer imo

Not sure if you will get away with the side indicators as led or not, I know you can't change the front or rear without a resistor

Hmmm. Yes, I've just read a thread elsewhere on here about resistors being required etc. Way out of my depth with that stuff :wacko: