Worried about the Environment

Guest prescience

Guest prescience

Well I know you're not really ;) but household energy saving light bulbs are on offer at Morrisons at 39p each - a snip IMO :blush:

Well I know you're not really ;) but household energy saving light bulbs are on offer at Morrisons at 39p each - a snip IMO :blush:

Bloody cheap , only problem is I'll have to make a 20 mile round trip in a gas guzzling car to fetch one :yahoo: gonna do it :teeth:

Guest prescience

Bloody cheap , only problem is I'll have to make a 20 mile round trip in a gas guzzling car to fetch one :yahoo: gonna do it :teeth:

These retail for £1 on fleebay plus P&P http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZdawn7498

Are they just the standard size bayonet type connectors? Most of the lights in my house are funny sizes.....

hmm not sure where the nearest Morrisons is even - sounds a bit.. northern.. :blush:

Its where the chavs shop :D

where do you shop now you have a Lambo?? Selfridges :p

M&S isnt it? Or iceland.

Poundland :teeth:

we dont have that down south. too common for us

hmm not sure where the nearest Morrisons is even - sounds a bit.. northern.. :blush:

Its where the chavs shop :D

where do you shop now you have a Lambo?? Selfridges :p

M&S isnt it? Or iceland.

Poundland :teeth:

we dont have that down south. too common for us

We have Legoland.. you can buy anything in it with a piece of lego..

Guest prescience

I must admit being a committed Waitrose household, I did have to use Store Finder to locate a Morrisons :p - I think they used to be Safeways or something, so believe they are national (one in Reading anyway)

Just stocking up in advance of our move oop north :thumbs: (could take light bulbs with us I guess, but not really cricket ;) )

The best way to cut your energy bills is to make sure you keep an eye on any automatic renewal notices for supply contracts. Dont just simply assume you are getting a good deal as your supplier has always done right by you in the past.

Specifically with business energy contracts, automatic renewal notices from major companies are often well over 33% higher than standard prices. In some cases Ive seen renewal notices at double the going rate.

The companies do this as they know (and Ive had this stated by them) that over 50% of people simply accept what they are told and continue with what the company puts in front of them. :headhurt:

As energy prices are one of the key factors affecting inflation, you would have thought that the government may have done something about companies trying to pull the wool over consumers eyes to such an extent, but they are powerless to interfere with the profit level of a private company (even if it is affecting national inflation levels).