Rota Grid Drifts/Bumper+Lip/Exhaust

StevoD

What colour are your rota's Martin?

It's in dark Bronze mate, can you plz pm your phone number, so I could text or phone you up? :)

I can also send you some picture if you interested

Edited by martinxxz

I thought there would've been more interest in the exhaust! Lovely bit of kit and very rare. I still giggle at the weight of these systems, we took my mid pipe off yesterday during the engine change and the mid pipe can be lifted and balanced on one finger! Crazy :)

would you post the bumper by any chance if so dibs on it

i can arrange it but postage and packaging will be at your cost

*just a note to the person or future people saying ship with *insert name* its only £30 and then when i say ok but i want £45 dont get pissy with me unless you just want me to put a label on each wheel and send them without any packaging*

would you post the bumper by any chance if so dibs on it

i can arrange it but postage and packaging will be at your cost

*just a note to the person or future people saying ship with *insert name* its only £30 and then when i say ok but i want £45 dont get pissy with me unless you just want me to put a label on each wheel and send them without any packaging*

Don't start charging £65 an hour like some guy on here tried to do when posting drop links out ;)

• Like 2

Item for Sale: a set of 4 Rota Grids

Condition: 8/10

Description: White Rota Grid drifts in 5x114.3 fitment 19x9.5 et20 fitted with 245/35/19 khumo ecsta 3-4mm and 19x10.5 et20 fitted with 275/35/19 Khumo ecsta 3-4mm

Both front wheels have minor curb rash see images (note it is pissing down with rain so wheels are dirty) Wheel are still installed but car will not be moving till other wheels are installed

£775

1620488_10153856354545508_330994305_n.jpg

1891557_10153856317460508_465842203_o.jpg

1620975_10153856317530508_2142550024_n.jpg

1658221_10153856317775508_1895489438_o.jpg

705392_10153856317935508_1908788308_o.jpg

1618347_10153856318045508_807835741_o.jpg

1780946_10153856318175508_127646977_o.jpg

I hear that the buyer of these wheels has been to see StevoD, inspected them, paid cash and went on his merry way.

Now at the end of the day, StevoD gets a call with claims that the wheels are flawed and wants a £50 refund or a full refund and return of the wheels.

Not taking sides, but surely caveat emptor applies, no?

I want to know for myself for future reference should I be buying or selling to forum members.

Item for Sale: a set of 4 Rota Grids

Condition: 8/10

Description: White Rota Grid drifts in 5x114.3 fitment 19x9.5 et20 fitted with 245/35/19 khumo ecsta 3-4mm and 19x10.5 et20 fitted with 275/35/19 Khumo ecsta 3-4mm

Both front wheels have minor curb rash see images (note it is pissing down with rain so wheels are dirty) Wheel are still installed but car will not be moving till other wheels are installed

I hear that the buyer of these wheels has been to see StevoD, inspected them, paid cash and went on his merry way.

Now at the end of the day, StevoD gets a call with claims that the wheels are flawed and wants a £50 refund or a full refund and return of the wheels.

Not taking sides, but surely caveat emptor applies, no?

I want to know for myself for future reference should I be buying or selling to forum members.

The way I see it is, once you've handed over the money, they are yours. It's down to the buyer to check it all over before purchasing etc.

Firstly can I just say anyone that knows me knows I'm not really one to make complaints. And I WILL BE THE FIRST to say I was stupid for not inspecting the wheels thoroughly first (this was what I was going to start my thread up with if I decided to start one just to say I had learnt my lesson)

So as you all know Steve and I agreed on a deal for the wheels. I went on the lengthy drive to pick them up this afternoon. I got there and the wheels were in his garden, still filthy although he said he cleaned them. I was (again my fault completely) in a rush as I had to get back home and go out again. So I STUPIDLY just quickly looked at the bad points he had pointed out in his ad ( the keening on the front wheels) I'm sure Steve will agree it was a very quick transaction.

I get home and washed up the wheels straight away to find marks on the centre of one of the front wheels which I couldn't of seen before because they were dirty. And also a chunk hanging off the back of the tyre on the same wheel. I messages him straight away, this was 1 and a half hours after I had picked them up. Not late evening as someone pointed out.

Now, once again I know I should have checked them properly. But my problem is that these points should have been raised in the original ad, as fellow forum members I thought everyone would be fairly trustworthy. Now Steve has pointed out he "didn't know" about these points, which is why I asked for a part of my money back as it wouldn't of sold for xxx amount if the buyer had known. What if they buyer had is posted to him after he paid to find this on the wheels?

I will say once again this is totally my fault and I have learnt a valuable lesson.

I don't really think it was appropriate for other people "out" the story when I haven't even heard a final reply from Steve yet.

Ricky

I only asked because I wanted to know where I would stand if I was in a similar situation either as a buyer or seller.

Like I said before, caveat emptor applies as this is a private sale between two individuals.

The seller didn't rush or push the sale, you by your own admission were in a rush, so lesson learnt for next time.

Not overly impressed with the Slander trying to make sound as a scammer,

I cleaned the wheels fairly well granted there was some stubbon brake dust which didnt go with a bit of warm water and a old micro fiber but i didnt think i was expected to get them down to the detailers for a full valet as there where used, but dont make out i hadn't cleaned them to the point there wasn't visible

Gouge on the tyre when cleaning i never noticed it, You say it wasnt in the advert you want the money back, lets take a step back and look at the advert and where this gouge appears to be in your image it looks to be on the inside? well when i put the wheels up for sale you can clearly see and was stated there on the car still so not sure even if i had be aware of it i could have told you,

I didnt push or say i need ask for the money now or anything like that you turned up the 4 wheels where out all standing on there own nothing blocking them and i said there they are mate have a look, you had a look but seemed more interested in the roof spoiler you was buying aswell, i didnt force rush or anything your purchase you were open to walk away at any point,

I check the forum just around top gear time to find messages saying you found floors with them etc which i have no evidence to say you haven't fitted them and clomped a pothole which you very happy telling me there where alot of in your area when discussing ride height of my car. and same for the scratch ive got no proof to say you havent smacked the wheel with tools when fitting,

Although this is besides the point you bought the stillen roof spoiler and the rotas with tyres for £835 i have already offer the spoiler to other members who have asked at a fair price of £150 baring in mind i had the wheels up for £775 you paid in essence £685 for them and you still want £50 off i have never seen rota grids in 19s with tyres move for less than 750 regardless of the faults you seen to have discovered your end how much would you be willing to pay then as most sets of these wheels with tyres on this forum change hands at £900-£1000?

Yes granted if they had been posted and someone found unknown faults i would look at the situation differently but you came stood in my garden and looked at them paid cash and went then messages me demanding money off as you found unknown faults which neither of us where aware of.

Edited by StevoD

Yes Steve your right, it's nothing to do with you it's my fault for not checking them properly in the first place. I messaged u as soon as I got back so they couldn't of gone on the car already mate.

I felt like These points should have been pointed out to be honest, so why do I have no right to TRY get some money or a refund back. Like you said Steve "the worst is you could say no" I just asked a question.....

And I still don't understand why bulletmagnet had to write what he wrote. It's quite annoying as like he said himself, it's a private sale. If he wanted to know what happens in a similair situation he should be either talking to a mod or to his mate Steve directly.

I kept everything between Steve and I through PM, what right does he have to come out with the original statement?

Like I have said from the moment I bought them, it WAS MY FAULT AND LESSON LEARNT. I haven't raised this issue to anyone but the OP, I haven't voluntary come out and say Steve "scammed" me. I said I made a mistake, and I learnt my lesson.

But if I feel I have been ripped off, whether I viewed the wheels or not, why shouldn't I ask for my money back or a part refund. I know most of the "characters" would on here!

"Not overly impressed with the Slander trying to make sound as a scammer"

Steve, this is why I kept it to PM, I don't now why someone decided it was a good idea to start this, certainly hasn't done your sale ad any good....

Ninjaz

i cant see where i said you dont have the right to ask?

And it wasnt just a question with some of the comments in your messages and you already shows intentions of trying to make a public slander thread so what BM has done you would have anyway

(this was what I was going to start my thread up with if I decided to start one just to say I had learnt my lesson)

if you didn't get your desired reply

I wanted to keep this between me and Steve via PM for the time being

Im sorry you feel this way but i advertised to best of knowledge at the time the advert was raised and then before your purchased i had them out on display for any QC testing you wished, you looked hand the money over and was on your way, then asked for a reimbursement after you had taken them,

Regarding BulletMagnet i went and bought a front bumper from him this weekend and the same situation occurred he had the bumper out on his drive said there you go mate i inspected it handed the money and left the same any private sale in my life has gone, if i check it now and find bumper locators snapped thats my issue and i understand that, if i had turned up and it was gunmetal and he said silver it would be sorry pal not what im looking for and gone

ill PM you a final offer you can take it or you can leave it and whats done is done, i understand you have no criticism about the stillen roof spoiler?

Edited by StevoD

Steve I wasn't referring to you when I said I why I don't have the right to ask. And I also pointed said "IF I was to make a thread"

This thread was just going to say I had learnt my lesson and others should do the same. Just because we are on a forum it doesn't mean everything will be perfect and everything should still be thoroughly checked over. I really don't know where this is going as I have already stated I admit it was my fault........