Wheel alignment settings?

Scott TMN

Hi guys, booked in for a wheel alignment tomorrow on their Hunter system. Just wondering what kind of set up i should be aiming for, such as degree of camber etc? I have a 30mm drop with eibachs, camber adjustment arms, running 19" 10.5 and 9.5j wheels (not sure if wheel size makes a difference?). I would like to preserve tyre wear but at the same time I want the handling to be there if ever so need be...

Thanks in advance :)

There's no free lunch mate. Eg A good setup for handling twisties will increase tyre wear. Stick with the factory setup and you would have the best compromise. Aim to be in the upper ranges of OEM ranges if you can

Front:

Toe 0deg.00min though bit of toe out will even be better. Eg 0.05

Camber would be more negative than max OEM( 1deg20min)= good. However you can't adjust this anyway unless you have an adjustable arm

Caster would be positive than max OEM(8deg.55min) = good. You can adjust it anyway unless you got an adjustable arm.

Rear:

Toe in 0deg.06min

Camber negative 2deg.05min

Since you are lowered do you have adjustable droplinks? Often forgotten but very important as you could preload your anti toll bars and worsen the roll. Most people counter this with stiffer damping with even makes your handling worse. So check the ARBs have no preload.

Hope it helps.

Edited by GT4 Zed
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Are you happy with the half a degree difference in camber on the rear?

There isnt half a degree difference. There are 60 'minutes' to a degree. So there is only 3 minutes between the left and right side :)

Ah I see it now, my mistake, didn't pay enough attention to the "dot" :thumbs:

• Like 1

Oh okay just my mechanic said they look a right pain to fit as you gota drill away

The toe bolts are easy to fit mate you just need a rotary file for a 90deg drill. I did it led under my car so if it is on a ramp it should be very eAsy :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh really ima give him a shout 2moz then thanks

• Like 1