Coil overs on eBay

Briggsybriggs1

its unfortunate that its the true coilovers on the back instead of the seperate type. too much work imo to use them

Not really, although it's not a load bearing surface, it's perfectly up to the job!

Hitting potholes over a couple of years can certainly bend where the top of the strut connects to the car throwing the geometry off. I know what your saying though as a few folk have run them a while and not had any bother

Wouldn't touch these which a badge pole😈

The advantage in weight saving by going true rear coilovers will only come into play if you replace the spring bucket with extended toe arms like SPL makes.

However even if you do this it does offer a handling advantage over the OEM separate inboard spring setup which offers very good rear end compliance and traction over a true coilover setup. Secondly the rear turret is not designed to carry both loads so to be safe it requires reinforcement to prevent failure especially when using high spring rates.

Any suspension set up is easy to fit. The fronts should be a like for like swop. The backs should not be that hard to swop over as well it's just a slightly different set up .( the springs are on the damper on them coil overs) the the slandered set up the are separate . Should not be to hard really ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't touch these which a badge pole😈

The advantage in weight saving by going true rear coilovers will only come into play if you replace the spring bucket with extended toe arms like SPL makes.

However even if you do this it does offer a handling advantage over the OEM separate inboard spring setup which offers very good rear end compliance and traction over a true coilover setup. Secondly the rear turret is not designed to carry both loads so to be safe it requires reinforcement to prevent failure especially when using high spring rates.

Why wouldn't you touch them? Because of the brand? Or simply because of the true coil over design?

Design primarily.

I also have reservations about the brand. Most like these just make a generic damper for all their products and throw over some springs without any R&D. The end user gets a product that is not car specific and sometimes also very poor materials are used so these are failure prone.

You might argue that for the price it's worth a go but have had a suspension failure at high speed? I have and was lucky and learnt my lesson that there are somethings that you can afford to cheap out on.