Type R to Z :-)

gangzoom

I been without my Teg for a few weeks now...to be honest i think the Teg was always just a little bit too raw for me :oops: though i really do think Honda will never make a more focused sports car.

It took me a while to find a suitable replacement for the Teg...looked at DC5s, evos/scooby, RX-8, S2000, vx220s but eventually ended up with a 350Z :lol:

In terms of performance the Z is in a different league to the Teg, the 3.5V6 is simply so smooth the Z will comfortably cruise_at 130+ all day long (on private roads ofcourse). As a GT car the Z is amazing, heated leather seats, climate control, a massive stereo, 80liter tank...infact every time i get into the Z i always end up taking the scenic route :D

Unlike the Teg, the Z doesn't like to be pushed too hard (or it could be cos am a rubbish driver B) ) In the Teg i would regularlly hit the rev limiter in 2nd gear along a certain stretch of road, i did the same stretch today in the Z, at a similar pace, and didnt have to take it out of 5th:!: ...ofcouse that was part of the attraction with the Teg...

Under heavy braking, and mid corner you do occassional "feel" the weight of the Z. But actually i find this quite reassuring cos you can really "feel" when the back ends about to go...and for the times when you dont feel the back go, the ESP kicks in (S2000 could do with this).

If I was ever to buy a track day car it'll probably be another Teg or a Lotus elise type thing, but as an everyday car the Z is almost perfect. I think ill be holding on to my Z for a long time...after all you can spend alot more money on a porsche and still get less performance, more expensive running costs, and worse reliability B)

Oh yeah the Z doesnt look too bad either...

backz.jpg

sidebz.jpg

frontz.jpg

sidez.jpg

Lol love to change it but Ive been out done by rmmackfc lol, his works quite impressive, :thumbs:B)

Welcome newbie nice car great choice of colour exactly like mine, definatly change the arial only problem is, finding one where the base of the arial doesnt over hang the socket of the arial :surrender::dry:

I love tegs mate, and wouldn't mind a DC5 with the C pack.

With alittle tuning the 350z can be a much better track tool and alittle more raw/focused. It certainly has the potential to be fast round the track as prooved by some of the racing series where the Zed is doing great. Super GT etc..

Suspension mods are meant to be the nest mods for the Z so if your after alittle more edge to your car i'd go for that.

As an everyday sports car Zed is awesome and then some. Its effortless power and balance is the things i like most.

Enjoy anyway... the cars looking great!