370z passenger airbag switch off.

stanski

Hi i know this subject was covered in the 350 section but we never had a conclusion to it?

The only thing stopping me from buying a 370 now is the ability to switch off the passenger airbag because I want to fit a child seat there once in a while.

Please tell me there is a switch off button somewhere or at least a fuse I can pop out thatis just for that.... niave I know?

The only thing I can find

http://www.the370z.com/exterior-interior/7418-passenger-airbag-indicator.html

Looks like its weight sensing, just like the seatbelt is on the passenger side, if you put a parcel/weight on the seat the seat belt alarm goes off

I would get Nissan to clarify as you said

Edited by GIXXERUK

http://www.the370z.c...-indicator.html

Looks like its weight sensing, just like the seatbelt is on the passenger side, if you put a parcel/weight on the seat the seat belt alarm goes off

Looking at the American web sites and the handbook for mine I think they`re different and it`s just the American spec that has weight sensing ones for children in the car. There`s no mention of any of that in mine.

Edited by Wayne370Z

http://www.the370z.c...-indicator.html

Looking at the American web sites and the handbook for mine I think they`re different and it`s just the American spec that has weight sensing ones for children in the car. There`s no mention of any of that in mine.

You could be right, it definitely senses weight on the seat as I have had the seat warning a few times when Ive put a bag on there

Thanks everyone for your advice? Yes I came across that american article too?

My child seat is forward facing as she is 4 now.

At the moment its not looking good is it? I worry about fitting a resistor? Does that not modify the car hence impact insurance should anything go wrong? More importantly its my daughter who naturally I care about.

The GTR would be the erm sensible option but of course I dont have that sort of cash and I dont want a big bugger like that?

Hmm will do more digging and see what I can find?

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Nissan say not child seat friendly and they don't switch off. You can pull the plug on the bag and fit a resistor if you want though. You just need a decent auto elec :thumbs:

By the same token it will be possible to fit a switch to do the same, cut off the supply to the airbag and link in a resistor.

I would suggest an illuminated switch in the blank between the seats so that there is a visual warning that the airbag is off.