Spark plug bore seals and transmission fluid - guides?

Toby85

Hi,

As a newbie with a do-er up-er I'm giving the Z a service. I'm fine with this but have a couple of questions specific to the 350Z;

- Is it simple enough to change the gear and diff oil and is there a guide? I've read the recommended fluids, is it worth doing myself or is it reasonable at a dealer?

- I'm sure I have oil in my spark plug bores. I've read about the cause and cure - originally the complete covers had to be replaced (ridiculous), but now you can replace just the seals - is that true? If so, is there any good threads around? Also, will I need to replace any other gaskets during this process such as rocker cover gaskets, inlet manifold etc?

Many thanks in advance,

Toby

Toby unfortunately if you have oil in the spark plug bores then you will have to change the rocker covers as the seals are integrated. Sometimes its just the outer seals that leak and these can be replaced separately.

We keep both in stock should you need as well as all the recommended Nissan gear oils, just drop me a PM if I can help :)