Windscreen auto wipers ... Help??

cearnshaw85

Hi all

Not sure if i should be posting here ....

I have a 2004 GT model which has auto wipers (maybe its standard no sure). when I put them on auto they work very well (better than BMW;s!) but when it is on and off heavy rain when it stops the windscreen wipers keep going. I put it in off mode and they carry on, after awhile they get bored and stop after half the rubber is left on the windscreen!!

I was driving down the motorway in heavy rain/spray and then all of a sudden they stopped half way up the screen .. I pulled onto the hard shoulder trying to see through the screen and as i stopped they decided to work.

I've got the same issue in my 1 series if you mess about with them too much it stops working and I've changed the fuse on the BMW which helped slightly but they still have their moments.

Any help guys??

Many Thanks

Chris

I have a 2004 GT model which has auto wipers (maybe its standard no sure).

Chris

350Z doesn't have auto wipers like for example the Z4 (If they have I've yet to find them) and they're not an option either. Can only think someone has wired in a kit somehow or maybe your Zed is an import as they did have gadgets that The U.K cars didn't.

Pete

Edited by JetSet

Hi guys - I think i've found it in the owners manual ... The intermittent is also speed sensitive therefore the faster you go the more they wipe! and there was me thinking they were auto.

OK

I still have a problem while driving on the motorway where they just go mental and i can't switch them off and sometimes stopping?

Any ideas

Well you live and learn. I really should get around to reading that manual of mine. I've had it 10 yrs and didn't know they were speed sensitive.

On the other hand you could keep posting you discoveries and save me the effort ha ha cos I'd much rather read the forum