anybody taken their Z through an automatic car wash?

KUGT4

only washed mine twice in 12 months - heavy UK shower does the trick every few weeks - saves me a job - car still looks good regardless

looking at the mot rules - nothing about failing because it's 'dirty' - just have to make sure the number plates/headlights are 'visible'

ariel need removing?

door windows need retracting?

etc

I took mine through an automatic car wash as I couldn't find anywhere else on a road trip , I'd polished and waxed it about a month before it and to be absolutely honest it's not scratched anything, ripped anything off or killed anyone in the car.theres far too much scare mongering on here. I'm not saying that cars haven't been damaged in the past or whatever but at the end of the day the cars meant to be driven and enjoyed. Even the hand washers can scratch your car with their brushes so it will get little scratches whatever you do. I'm all for taking good care of my car but it's not a Ferrari f50 or anything so just enjoy your time with it

• Like 1

I go as far as not using my window wipers for as long as possible after a wash :lol: I hate the smears it leaves etc.

Glad that's not just me then along with not putting my windows up or down :s !

Ah I'm okay on that side of things, window doesn't work half the time :lol: