Buying a car without viewing it?

clockwize

You would be crazy to buy without seeing it.

Have a read on here about things to look out for, take it for a decent test drive and make sure it all feels sound. It's a buyers market so get out there, try some out, inspect all the details and get a feel for the car and make sure you get a gem.

There may be some forum members near the cars you are looking at so give a shout out on here to see if anyone can come along and give you some pointers.

I would say there is less risk getting a car from one of the owners here as others can vouch how it has been looked after but I still say you have to go take a look.

No point spending 5-10k and ending up with a car you haven't seen and don't like for one reason or another

Edited by Will370z

I'm in Kent and there isn't many around that meet my criteria. I'm just trawling all the normal places online and I've seen a few, talking to the guy who is selling the matte black one in the Zeds for sale forum and also looking at this one here: http://bit.ly/1cgnPHx

I don't really have much if any spare time to take a long trip anywhere unless as I have 2 kids and a few months of planned-ahead weekend stuff lol.

What do you guys think of those 2?

Also what of the AA inspections? I had this done on my BMW and it worked well and has been a very decent car.

That second one looks dreadful in my opinion. Decent mileage but the black vinyl on the rear quarters to give the impression that it's an R8 is gross.

But that's my opinion. Each to their own.

Listen to what the others have said, don't rush into it and definitely go and see the cars. The 350z can be expensive to fix, even for proper trivial stuff.

I'm in Kent and there isn't many around that meet my criteria. I'm just trawling all the normal places online and I've seen a few, talking to the guy who is selling the matte black one in the Zeds for sale forum and also looking at this one here: http://bit.ly/1cgnPHx

I don't really have much if any spare time to take a long trip anywhere unless as I have 2 kids and a few months of planned-ahead weekend stuff lol.

What do you guys think of those 2?

Also what of the AA inspections? I had this done on my BMW and it worked well and has been a very decent car.

Check out the comments on the white R8 lookalike.. :surrender:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/81241-audi-r8-style-side-blades/

Agree with Will370Z you don't need to rush you'll end up repenting at your leisure. In the end AA inspection is good if you are unable to take up any of the other suggestions. There are plenty out there build it and they will come sic.

Tbh I didn't even notice it was meant to look like an r8 .. I don't like people trying to make cars look like something better so would probably remove the wrap out of principle but thought it looked quite good originally lol

Have a look at this clockwise.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NIssan-350Z-GT-UK-Car-Loads-of-extras-Stunning-Cruise-Heated-Leather-Pri-/131113280788?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1e86f5e514

I'm also from Kent, Rochester to be specific. I went to north london to test drive a few zeds and none really ticked the boxes. It was just by luck that I had a look on autotrader, found a zed literally about 10 minutes away from me (Also in Rochester). Put deposit down on same day of viewing, couldn't be happier now I've got it.

Also, see my PM, hope this helps :)

The shite looking R8 one is actually silver and very well priced in my opinion. The wrap could be removed by yourself for free and then get a detailer to bring the paint back up.

I just heard from them that it sold yesterday so that one is out the window anyway! How do you know its silver?

I'm also from Kent, Rochester to be specific. I went to north london to test drive a few zeds and none really ticked the boxes. It was just by luck that I had a look on autotrader, found a zed literally about 10 minutes away from me (Also in Rochester). Put deposit down on same day of viewing, couldn't be happier now I've got it.

Also, see my PM, hope this helps :)

Cheers tom, replied :)

I've actually messaged the guy about a swap. He's after something bigger and I'm after something smaller :) thanks for the lead.. Wasn't really looking at 2006 but that looks nice and well looked after by sounds..

Have a look at this clockwise.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1e86f5e514

I've actually messaged the guy about a swap. He's after something bigger and I'm after something smaller :) thanks for the lead.. Wasn't really looking at 2006 but that looks nice and well looked after by sounds..

Its a nice looking car, well priced for a 2006 300, and he has plenty of positive feedback, starter problem

is more than likely a loose connection, even if you had to put a starter in it not a fortune from Zmanalex. :thumbs:

The shite looking R8 one is actually silver and very well priced in my opinion. The wrap could be removed by yourself for free and then get a detailer to bring the paint back up.

I just heard from them that it sold yesterday so that one is out the window anyway! How do you know its silver?

Because it says in the details section.

Because it says in the details section.

duhh