MOT and tyres

KUGT4

If you have the 1.6mm across the 3/4 centre of the tyre . . that is technical the maximum of the legal limit, a lot can depend on the person doing the MOT. If your inside edge to the 3/4 is completely bald then expect an advisory or worst case a fail.

If your running your tyres like this TBH you get what you deserve. In the wet they will be nearly as good as an ashtray on a motorbike and your not only endangering yourself but others around you.

Just put your had in your pocket and get some new ones :thumbs:

i would say that if you're getting excessive treadwear on the inner edge, then the toe setting is wrong. my fronts had about 4mm of tread across 3/4 of the tyre, but bad toe settings meant the insides were completely bald, nearly showing canvas. my fault for not checking, the tyres properly, but one set of new tyres and an alignment later and all is good - no uneven tread wear.

If you have the 1.6mm across the 3/4 centre of the tyre . . that is technical the maximum of the legal limit, a lot can depend on the person doing the MOT. If your inside edge to the 3/4 is completely bald then expect an advisory or worst case a fail.

If your running your tyres like this TBH you get what you deserve. In the wet they will be nearly as good as an ashtray on a motorbike and your not only endangering yourself but others around you.

Just put your had in your pocket and get some new ones :thumbs:

Oi, the Honda Goldwing used to have an ashtray :lol: