What track days let you drive their zed?

rickya

I know Johnathan Palmer trackdays used to but not any more. Does anyone know which company do trackdays with their zed, not mine?

Its just that by the time I get insurance for the track; pay for using the track; wear the crap out of my new Toyos; & run the risk of kerbing wheels/or worse still have an accident I might be better off doing it someone else's zed! Im not saying Im a crap driver but all it takes is another dim witted driver on the track or an oil/petrol spillage & anything's possible. ps she's also a garage queen, not a trackday machine & wouldnt like it :teeth:

Any suggestions, but nothing more than approx 100 miles from London??

I know you can go on brands hatch, for the beginers, where i think you get about 3 hours on the track its only £100, and the advantage of the beginer's is no track cars, lol :teeth: , got a friend going up there in his focus st, tuesday morning, will try post some pics up !

I was looking for something like this when I first got my car. My main reason is the Track Day might only cost £100 but if you are out on track a lot you could easily do - a set of tyres, a set of pads and if you are unlucky a set of disks. That turns it into quite an expensive day.

No he is not bothering with track-day insurance, the advantage though of the beginers is you get no track cars, so in that case, should be more fun, with no track cars sitting up your ars flashing, funnny thing is his focus goes back next month, and his traded it in to get a new one, i was pos thinking at £100, its a bargain, may be get a few of us down there or somethng in the summer, if it ever comes !

Rob,

You will not need new rubber or pads unless they are close to replacement already.

Just do not go made with braking late, make sure you have a cool down lap, and 100% do not leave handbrake when coming off, just do not park on hill and then push the car a half the circumference of the wheel after 5 mins.

PS would not do a big circuit like Brands GP or Silverstone GP first time out as you will get high speeds, Brands Indy is plenty to get a feel for what the car can do. Bedford is still going to be the safest place for newbie.

I was looking for something like this when I first got my car. My main reason is the Track Day might only cost £100 but if you are out on track a lot you could easily do - a set of tyres, a set of pads and if you are unlucky a set of disks. That turns it into quite an expensive day.

I'm doing the Bedford GT circuit with Easytrack on 4th August, Chris B will be there in his Z - PM me if you fancy coming.

£100 wouldn't get you a track day, but rather an airfield day - unless it's a private booking like LOT or it's in the winter, or it's a 1/2 day.

Bedford is probably the safest place to do a track day in the UK. You can book tuition for about £25 and (unless you're very unlucky with the instructor) it's well worth every penny. The last time there my Instructor was a race driver and his wheels were a 350z.

You must replace the standard nissan fluid with high temp fluid like Motul RBF650. You will run out of brakes in less than 15 minutes otherwise :scare: .

You won't do a set of tyres unless you're drifting, you won't do a set of pads. You won't do your discs in unless you leave the hand brake on after coming in. There are plenty of track marshalls and they do carefully monitor drivers behaviour so you don't get jerks ruining it.

You will have immense fun and wonder why you hadn't done it sooner!

£100 was for half day at brands hatch, he said he got about 3 hours on track and would defo recomend it, mmmmmmmmmm, think if the summer ever arrives, might be tempted ! The one he went was at brands hatch, £100 for half day, he had morning, and its £10 for a helmet, or supply your own.

One thing to consider though, you could end up spoiling your Z, :headhurt:

£100 would be on the Brands Indy Circuit (not the full international GP circuit). There is a track day on there today £275 for the full circuit - competes with Silverstone as the most expensive in the UK.

They do afternoon and evening sessions on the Indy circuit at Brands for about £100. They do Novice days which should be good for virgins;)

Grant Im thinking of doing Bedford Circuit for half day. Is that what your doing, if so how much is that costing you, if you dont mind me asking. Can I book this directly with them, or do I have to book through Easy track or sumit?

I have just fitted new EBC red stuff pads; Motul 300v engine oil & oil service; & new Toyo Proxys. Apart from Motul brake fluid is there anything else I need to do or know?

Thanks,

Ricky.

Hi, I'm new on this site, currently drive an Audi S3 but looking at the 350z as my next car. I was there at Brands on Tuesday am, saw an ST. You don't need to fear a trackday it's as much fun as you want. I noticed somebody mention Motul RBF650. I can't find it anywhere, is it going to be better than a standard dot5 fluid? I think I could do with something as the brakes are what seem to go first - and it can be a worry at over 100mph going into paddock hill bend. Any advice on what I should look out for on a 350z also welcome. Cheers BTW if the ST driver see's this I was in the yellow S3

Was it good the brands session, yeah my mate was in the focus st (blue), he said there was a 350Z with a body kit on, and he ate it up, he was shocked how well the St handled compared to overs, apparently everyone was impressed with it and his time's, hows your tyres fairing up after, his got a some wear front left on the sides, funny thing is he chucks it in for a brand new one next month, lol :thumbs:

your mate was right there was a 350z on track, I dont recall him going slow either. The fastest car there was a Subaru but it did end the day in car hospital, engine sounded very sick, so the driver put it away and got in his GT3 for a quick lap or 2, my tyres were melted, i have managed to pick up bits of other peoples rubber too. The tread has adopted a saw toothed profile, due to the side G force going around this tight track, I am hoping they stay legal until bedford at which point I'll bin them after the day. Nurburgring later

Yeah my mate said the 350Z, was not pushing that hard, he went past him in his ST quite easily, did you see the porsche, apparently brand new porsche flying around, went home at lunch or something, you see my mate then in his ST, apparently everyone was impressed with the handling, espicallially the jap guys !

The owner of the porsche was in the garage next door to ours. He only went out in it a few times they had a race prep'd subaru that he killed on the track, he was needless to say quick. I have a photo of your mate in his ST looks like he is chasing the 350Z down!