Help getting airbag light off??

row350z

Hello everyone. Im in a bit of a tricky situation. I have a 2008 350z. I brought it when it was 8 months old as a cat d damaged car. I replaced the passengers door, rear nearside quarter panel and replace a passenger seat side airbag and passenger side curtain airbag.

Basically my problem now is getting the airbag light off. I took my car to the local nissan garage to get the light turned off and to my horror they said i would need a new airbag module and sensors totalling £3200 inc labour. I simply can not afford this and was just wondering whether anyone out there has any ideas on where i can get the airbag light turned off, but at the same time making sure the car is safe. I have heard you can get your modules reset, but i would like a company to be able to do the whole lot. Im based in suffolk, but im willing to travel in order to get this problem sorted. So if anyone can recommend a good company/ auto electrician it would be very helpful.

Regards

Michael

I had this in my old civic, my friend does auto electrics and yet the module needs to be reset that only costs £50 ish but in my case the whole dash had to come out ... A lot of work he told me that's were the labour costs come from, where about do u live?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive tried the ignition thing and it doesnt work unfortunately. Im not sure whether this method works if an airbag has been deployed in the past, because my light stays on, it does not flash,and go off again. I will however try it again, its worth another go.

I have had two new airbags fitted, its just a case of whats next to do. Im not sure whether if the airbag light is on, means that all the airbags are unoperational? If the airbags would still deploy in the event of an acident as it is right now, it would just be a case of getting the light turned off by an auto electrician maybe?

Didnt know if anyone knew of someone who is very clued up in this field and could sort out all my problems. Will the airbags work it the light is on?

Thank you all for your replies.

I don't think they will work in the event of an accident if the airbag module has already deployed. Needs resetting or replacing. Try calling a company called Airbags for sale they will be able to tell you exactly what you need to do.

• Like 1

You take airbag module out send it off , they reset it , then put it back in , the expensive bit it getting to the module with is ushally at the back of the dash. So if you have the patience to take the dash out it won't cost that much .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers guys. I will give that company a try. Ive seen companies advertised that will reset the module for cheap, which is great, but ideally it would be nice to find a company who would be able to do the whole lot, and check first what definitely needs replacing and what needs resetting. I took it to my local nissan main dealer and they charged me close to £500 just to check the seat airbag and curtain airbag and expose the module, which was in the centre console i believe. They then wanted another £3600 minium if all went well. Im sure this cost can be dramatically reduced. I just need to find a company that can do the whole lot. When they plugged it into their diagnostic it didnt even pick up any faults, so im wondering whether they simply just want to replace everything even if it doesnt need replacing.

• 4 weeks later...