Warning light?

hawker1986

Hi all,

This morning I started up the Zed and ive got a light flashing which looks like an airbag. Its between the fuel and water temp gauges and above the seatbelt not plugged in light.

What does this mean? and more importantly how do I make it go away :)

Many thanks in advance for advice.

Hawker

It means you have an air bag warning :) - not working etc. It can often happen if the seats are moved a long way forward and back or if a bottle or can rolls under the passenger seat and hits the wire.

Check the wires under the seat are plugged in and not loose then try the reset procedure.

1. Turn ignition switch from OFF to ON.

2. Air Bag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, then turn ignition switch OFF within 1 second of the lamp turning off.

3. After ignition switch is turned OFF, wait for more than 3 seconds.

4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 two more times. (Perform 3 times in total.)

5. Turn Ignition switch ON.

6. The SRS lamp has been reset.

Hope that helpw :thumbs:

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 4

Seems to be fixed guys, thanks very much :) !!!!

Hawker

Glad to hear it. Is a little unnerving when it comes on and feels like its going to be expensive!

It also came on my OH Clio a month or so back while I was driving her and the pup to puppy classes......

This time the fault was quickly identified as the said pup had been sat happily in the passenger footwell happily chomping on the connector under the passenger seat :lol:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Chis!! You just got me through my MOT :thumbs:

After taping up all the wires, unbolting the seat and trying the full pedal dance, trying to reset with the OBD reader, came back in and found this!

Superstar!

• 1 month later...

I rang my garage (or should I say the garage I used to take my motors) and they said to reset the Airbag warning light again it would cost me an hours labour (£45.00 + V.A.T.) :scare:

After trying the "reset procedure" above.....the light is out! OMG I've never been so pleased to see a light go off!!!

Thanks Keyser ;)

• 11 months later...

Hey Keyser

Just joined the forum having just got a beautiful sunset gold 350z roadstar from a guy in Portsmouth. However!! Airbag light flashing when I put new battery in. Also engine light. Your post HAS worked on the air bag flashing. No problems with equipment. Can only say thanks. Hope anyone else who has this tries it first.ðŸ˜

Now ,the bloody engine light!!!!!

Hey Keyser

Just joined the forum having just got a beautiful sunset gold 350z roadstar from a guy in Portsmouth. However!! Airbag light flashing when I put new battery in. Also engine light. Your post HAS worked on the air bag flashing. No problems with equipment. Can only say thanks. Hope anyone else who has this tries it first.😊
Now ,the bloody engine light!!!!!

Nice one :thumbs:

For the engine light see this great guide -

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/53148-how-to-ecu-accelerator-pedal-throttle-valve-resets/

affectionately know as the pedal dance :)

Failing that just tell us your location and someone nearby will probably have a code reader so they can check the fault and clear it for you.

Nice to see it's helped a few people with the airbag light, I'm sure I am not the first to post it though I actually got it from Steady Zeddy he had it printed out and was in the paperwork with the car when I bought her :lol: