WHAT SPEC TYRES????

Zedrush

Hi guys ordering new wheels today from the States and need to know what the best size and offset tyres to get for them would be.. Dont understand the number thing where you have ? x ? x ? or something like that. The alloys are as follows:

19 x 11 at the rear

19 x 9.5 at the front

Will be getting the tyres from UK,

Cheers :surrender:

Hi guys ordering new wheels today from the States and need to know what the best size and offset tyres to get for them would be.. Dont understand the number thing where you have ? x ? x ? or something like that. The alloys are as follows:

19 x 11 at the rear

19 x 9.5 at the front

Will be getting the tyres from UK,

Cheers :surrender:

Jay,

You must be able to find this info with a good search! ;)

Anyway your front will be (ideally) a 245 x 35 x 19

And your rear will probably be a 285 x 35 x 19

(I say ideally as you could use a 30 profile, but 35 affects the EDC and speedo less)

My rear is a 10.5 inch width and I have 275 on, but you can't fit them wider than a 10.5 inch rim, therefore 285 should do it.....

Btw, offsets have NOTHING to do with tyres, its rim fitment they affect!

I'm assuming that if you have got from Adam, then he will have made sure that they will fit with your brembos and look good! :thumbs:

Cheers Jacko as said am getting tyres over here not from the U.S and I have no idea on fitment requirements. Is 11 inch wide wheels okay to put on 350z?

Fitment of tyres on 11 inch wheels is still the same here or in the states. Its just that you will different naming on tyres over there....

But anyway, 11 inch rears will fit on a 350z with the correct offset!

Choptop was getting some (but delayed for now) and others have. But you can't just say a blanket ALL 11 inch wheels will fit. It depends on offset..... but like I say, if Adam has sorted them for you then sure they'll be fine!

Did you ask that they will fit and what they look like? :blush:

As a general size recommendation, 265/30/19 front, 285/30/19 rear, or even 295 rear (with fender rolling out back)

a 245 front on a 9.5 inch wheel is very very stretched...will look like a VW Golf on 13's that you would see in MaxPower

also, the stagger between 245 front and 285 rear is too large, and will cause the VDC to act up when really pushing the car

the 265's will fill those 9.5's great, and offer tons of clearance (same size I run on my own Z, though I have 9 inch fronts).

For rear, my recommendation is to go to the manufacturers sites and compare the physical dimensions of the tires you are considering...remember, not all 285/30s will be the same physical size...they run like shirts (ie large from one store does not fit like a large from another)

Adam

As a general size recommendation, 265/30/19 front, 285/30/19 rear, or even 295 rear (with fender rolling out back)

a 245 front on a 9.5 inch wheel is very very stretched...will look like a VW Golf on 13's that you would see in MaxPower

also, the stagger between 245 front and 285 rear is too large, and will cause the VDC to act up when really pushing the car

the 265's will fill those 9.5's great, and offer tons of clearance (same size I run on my own Z, though I have 9 inch fronts).

For rear, my recommendation is to go to the manufacturers sites and compare the physical dimensions of the tires you are considering...remember, not all 285/30s will be the same physical size...they run like shirts (ie large from one store does not fit like a large from another)

Adam

Adam,

I run 245 Falken 452s on 19" 245s and they look fine mate. I think you yanks have a different view on tyres as you seem to go as wide as you possible can! ;)

Maybe its cos they Falkens but lots of people over this side of the pond run 245s on 9.5 fronts...... ?

No golf here: :teeth:

SideGlance1.jpg

Some more: http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l84/Jacko350z/Racing%20Harts%20Fitted/

Also, I thought it was the change in rolling circumference that affected the VDC, not the difference in stagger?

Agree what you saying about differences in tyre manufacturers, you can see the difference with falkens on the sidewall etc....

Adam

Surely if he wants to drop with 265 fronts and 285 rears there's a real possibility of rubbing unless he he has his arches (fenders! ;) ) rolled? I presume this depends on offsets?

Adam

Adam,

I run 245 Falken 452s on 19" 245s and they look fine mate. I think you yanks have a different view on tyres as you seem to go as wide as you possible can! ;)

Maybe its cos they Falkens but lots of people over this side of the pond run 245s on 9.5 fronts...... ?

No golf here: :teeth:

SideGlance1.jpg

nice new piccie Mark B)

stagger has to be kept at a certain level or the vdc and traction control get a bit freaked out. Not to mention, if you have too big of a difference between front and rear stagger, you induce unnecessary understeer

As far as using a 245 on a 9.5, it certainly can be done, and given that some tires run wider than others, I am sure it has been done. At a minimum, I'd run a 255, but it all comes down to the specific tire

Great pic Jacko :thumbs:

Shows up your stone chips a treat :p

Sarnie, you can see them from Mars, you don't need a decent picture for them!

Going to have to be respray soon! :blush:

And then paintshield? ;)

Yep, about 4 minutes after its dry! :teeth:

Great pic Jacko :thumbs:

Shows up your stone chips a treat :p

Sarnie, you can see them from Mars, you don't need a decent picture for them!

Going to have to be respray soon! :blush:

And then paintshield? ;)

Yep, about 4 minutes after its dry! :teeth:

Good man. It'd be a waste of monry otherwise :)

IMO 265 on the front will look good but will cause a little understeer. I am running 245 width tyre on a 8.5 inch wide alloy up front & this has caused a slight bit of understeer, especially on slower tighter turns. It would be better to go no more than 245 but if alloy width is 9.5 then you could run anything from 245 upwards. A fair trade off (if you dont want alloy to stick out much from tyre on 9.5 width alloy) could be 255 as others have said. I personally wouldnt go 265 up front for handling reasons.