WHAT SPEC TYRES????

Zedrush

but doesnt paintshield leave like faint scratch marks after cleaning a while, so many people have warned me not to get it

those many people evidently prefer stonechips then...

PS scratches? what do you wash yr car with, sandpaper??

IMO 265 on the front will look good but will cause a little understeer. I am running 245 width tyre on a 8.5 inch wide alloy up front & this has caused a slight bit of understeer, especially on slower tighter turns. It would be better to go no more than 245 but if alloy width is 9.5 then you could run anything from 245 upwards. A fair trade off (if you dont want alloy to stick out much from tyre on 9.5 width alloy) could be 255 as others have said. I personally wouldnt go 265 up front for handling reasons.

the greater the difference between front and rear width, the greater the understeer. The less you stagger the less you understeer, all other things being equal.

265 on the front and you'll be tramlining like there's no tomorrow imo, then again Zedrush likes to "roll on 20" " so I say get the widest tyres you get :lol::p

Spoken like someone who has yet to try it ;)

Trust me guys, I RUN this exact combo on my own Z, and with -2 degrees front and rear camber (per my choice, as I like it a bit more aggressive), and there are zero tramlining issues, and its no harder to drive than a stock car.

This is why I don't just recommend things to recommend them...we have 2 Z's in house, and have gone through a boatload of setups and combos in order to determine what can, and can't be done safely and effectively

well with my 245 fronts I can already feel the difference vs stock setup, and for my liking anything wider on the front and it'll be completely ruining the handling. 245 imo are perfect and I found no understeer (but this is also due to the type of tyres since the RE040 were more prone to understeer than the T1R)

next Adam you'll tell me 20" wheels don't affect ride comfort :lol:;)

well with my 245 fronts I can already feel the difference vs stock setup, and for my liking anything wider on the front and it'll be completely ruining the handling. 245 imo are perfect and I found no understeer (but this is also due to the type of tyres since the RE040 were more prone to understeer than the T1R)

next Adam you'll tell me 20" wheels don't affect ride comfort :lol:;)

asked and answered your honor, next? lololol :teeth:

don't knock it till you try it as my grandmother used to sing to me. I once ran 245's too....I will now never go back :)

the fact that you adjusted the CAMBER to your liking on what you are running now is imo what made the difference in the handling, NOT the wider tyres in the front. Most people here won't adjust the camber so imo it's a bit misleading to say tyres as wide as 265 on the front won't make your Z tramline or undrsteer more than a stock setup (same tyre tyre)

Sorry mate, you're wrong on this one. Alignment is critical yes - it's what sets the relationship of the tire to the ground. However, it's not all there is..these things do not operate in a vaccuum

Any time you fit new tires....even new, standard size tires, you need to an alignment. That is a given. In fact, if your idea was correct, a car with this much wider of a front tire + the wider, lower offset front wheel + increased front camber would lead to a very erratic car. Yet, in reality, the car rides heaps better than any stock Z...it tracks straighter, turns in far crisper, and holds a consistent line in a turn far better than any stock Z I've ever been in, and I've been in my share

more tire = more grip - any way you slice it. There have been absolutely, without question zero drawbacks to fitting the wider front (and rear) tires vs my previous setup...except that these tires cost alot more $$!

I've had this setup now with a variety of camber settings both front and rear - I can go down to -1.25 front camber if I so desire (I like it with more) as I have full control over all aspects of alignment on my car (everything is adjustable). The increased level of grip provided by this setup, vs my previous (Flaken RT615 in the conventional 245/275) is astounding....and I ran the same span of alignment settings on my previous tires as well. Zero issues with tramlining, or any other nasty effects, despite by setup being substantially wider than stock

Most people fitting wheels and tires in the 19 inch variety, at least our customers, all have lowered their cars, or plan to at some point...lowering the car inherently induces more camber. And guess what? These cars LOVE more camber...no ifs ands or buts. They can deal with a very wide range of camber both front and rear, and still maintain excellent tire life and behave superbly

Im not discussing tramlining etc & it can be true the greater the stagger the more likely understeer is & Im not doubting anyones specific car setup. But 'in general', excessively wide front tyres will not give as sharp handling as thinner tyres. This is one of the main reasons why the Vauxhall VX220 (which has sublime pin sharp handling) runs on tiny 175 width tyres, even though it looks bloody stupid! Also 997 Porsche Carrera S runs only 235 at the front & 295 on the rears.

more tire = more grip - any way you slice it. There have been absolutely, without question zero drawbacks to fitting the wider front (and rear) tires vs my previous setup...except that these tires cost alot more $$!

with this I agree with you (although on this forum a couple membersincluding prescience and dash once wanted me to beleive it wasn't true... :lol: some wise words from a race engineer put an end to the discussion )

I've had this setup now with a variety of camber settings both front and rear - I can go down to -1.25 front camber if I so desire (I like it with more) as I have full control over all aspects of alignment on my car (everything is adjustable). The increased level of grip provided by this setup, vs my previous (Flaken RT615 in the conventional 245/275) is astounding....and I ran the same span of alignment settings on my previous tires as well. Zero issues with tramlining, or any other nasty effects, despite by setup being substantially wider than stock

Most people fitting wheels and tires in the 19 inch variety, at least our customers, all have lowered their cars, or plan to at some point...lowering the car inherently induces more camber. And guess what? These cars LOVE more camber...no ifs ands or buts. They can deal with a very wide range of camber both front and rear, and still maintain excellent tire life and behave superbly

with this I don't. ask how many peole on here have adjustable camber kits (zero or possibly one or two guys). Stock IIRC front camber is NOT adjustable, (or not adjustable enough for what I remember) and if people went with your recommendation (MUCH wider setups) they might (and imo will) end up with a car that handles very differently and imo worse than stock.

Val - remember, we don't just make recommendations blindly - we ask ALL the questions of our customers before recommending parts. We realize that wheels and tires are not a zero sum game....lots of things affect how they behave, which is why we make sure to go through the full range of planned mods with a customer before recommending something.

Im not discussing tramlining etc & it can be true the greater the stagger the more likely understeer is & Im not doubting anyones specific car setup. But 'in general', excessively wide front tyres will not give as sharp handling as thinner tyres. This is one of the main reasons why the Vauxhall VX220 (which has sublime pin sharp handling) runs on tiny 175 width tyres, even though it looks bloody stupid! Also 997 Porsche Carrera S runs only 235 at the front & 295 on the rears.

true to a point yes but in the case of the VX220, it's narrow track and very light weight also contribute immensely to how tossable it is (think Miata, etc). A Z weighs far more, and as such, can deal with far more tire, and still be quite tossable....and have loads of grip.

In the case of the Porsche, it's also a rear engine car...which contributes tons to how it behaves given the wide stagger between front and rear tires.

Agree with what your saying.

But in the case of the Posche even a non S which runs IIRC 255 or 265 at the rear they both run only 235 up front. It just seems interesting that they choose not to go beyond e.g 235 profile up front. BMW M3's etc are 225 up front etc. But each car is different & if you are going to set up your car specefically i.e different cambers etc then standard car (even 350z or 997 & m3) standard setups / standard tyre sizes etc are irrelevant.

I myself did'nt want to go further than 235 or 245 max up front because I knew I would not change my suspension setup from OEM, inc camber adj etc Im not sure if going e.g. 265 up front & left suspension standard is a good thing.