Head unit install?

Zedrush

Just bought a new head unit and want to install it so that it will run through the bose system, but the audio people said that I need a special adapter that will allow the headunit to use the Bose amps. Anyone know what it is I need to look for and where I can get from sharpish? :surrender:

I got a double din going in whats the arial adapter for?

The aerial ;)

The connector for the aerial in the back of the HU was different on my Alpine unit than the one on the back of the Bose. The adaptor just plugs into the HU and the aerial :thumbs:

Zedrush: The harness adapter isnt absolutely essential, but you do need to splice the HU side of the PAC-ROEM into the HU wiring. With my HU, I had the wiring harness from my Leon, so I used that to splice onto the PAC-ROEM wires. You could do it straight to the HU OEM wiring but thats not very easily reversable or neat.

Not sure if you'll need an aerial adapter, depends on which kind your HU has. I didnt need one for my Pioneer.

List of bits I used:

1. PAC-ROEM

2. Harness adapter to splice PAC-ROEM to and connet to HU.

3. Facial adapter (very similar to what Ian has posted)

Hope that helps.

The aerial adaptor is something that you can pick up down halfords if you need it. The rest except maybe the speaker harness are not.

so could i buy the Pac-Roem adaptor from over here as well rather than the states?

Not that I know of. They do come from the US pretty quick, mine was less than a week.

I think you can get the fascial adapter in Halfrauds as mine is an Autoleads unit which Halfrauds should be able to get in for you.

by the way cheers Chris i, beavis and Ian with all your help, just need to get all the bits bought before next weekend as thats when they are going to fit it, I just bought this unit its double din so dont think ill need a facial adapter:

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/kenwood- ... -1111.html

we compared it with the new Alpine w220 and it was actually sharper and clearer that the Alpine shockingly. Just wish they could of fit today

So if I get the

PAC-ROEM

nissan harnes I can get over here from a dealer right? and arial from halfrauds if needed

Then Im set to go?

I think you still need the double din (fascia) adapter as it puts in place something for a double or single din piece to fit to. When you remove the stock HU the hole will not just accept a double din unit as is from what I remember, you need something to fix it to.

I think the Micra harness adapter should be fine to use to splice onto the PAC-ROEM, but not 100% as I used my Leon/Pioneer one. Any harness that fits to your HU will work as you will solder the wires from the PAC-ROEM direct to it.

As it stands the OEM wiring layout is this:

HU > stock wiring > amp > speakers

The new layout will be this:

HU > harness adapter > PAC-ROEM > stock wiring > amp > speakers

I got everything from ebay. You could technically get the bits from Halfrauds except for the PAC-ROEM, I've only ever seen that in the US.

PAC-ROEM:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAC-ROEM ... enameZWD2V

Fascia adapter (Autoleads FP2203):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fascia-plate-Faci ... dZViewItem

Looking at the fascia adapter, I'm not sure it does convert to a double din size slot. Best wait and see if someone with a double din HU can comment on how they fit and if you need it or not. Sorry for the doubt, I dont have the instructions for mine any more and I was quite sure that you did need it, but now I am unsure.

On the case of the aerial adapter, does the HU you want to fit have a hole in the back about an inch deep or a stub/stud? These are two types of aerial I know of, the BOSE being the long hole kind. The second is a stubby "button" type. Sorry for the flakey descriptions! If your HU has a hole then it will work out of the box, if it has a stub then you need a converter.

chris mate you been a gem relly appreciate your help going to order the pac today hopefully have it before saturday as they want to fit it then and i dont want to put the carbon install in until they installed the HU. Will have a look for the back to see what holes there are :thumbs:

by the way cheers Chris i, beavis and Ian with all your help, just need to get all the bits bought before next weekend as thats when they are going to fit it, I just bought this unit its double din so dont think ill need a facial adapter:

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/kenwood- ... -1111.html

we compared it with the new Alpine w220 and it was actually sharper and clearer that the Alpine shockingly. Just wish they could of fit today

So if I get the

PAC-ROEM

nissan harnes I can get over here from a dealer right? and arial from halfrauds if needed

Then Im set to go?

Don't let your ears deceive you, especially if you were listening on a board in a shop. The Alpine will be superior. :)

trust me the Kenwood came out on top between that and the Alpine, I saw it for myself and the quality of the Kenwood was far superior than the Alpine, even on alot of forums people are converting from Alpine to Kenwood, :thumbs: