Backup software: suggestions?

Removed

I need to do a major backup of my 2 HD (4 partitions) of my home PC, as a little scare this morning (kept getting the BSOD with no reason, or changes made to the system, suspect some sort of hardware failure!) made me realise how much I'd lose if one of the HD went tits up. System is now stable, could have even been the little overclocking that I had activated via BIOS months ago, but that didn't give me any problems previously?

True Image?

Ghost?

Paragon Drive Backup Pro?

suggestions please :)

(needs to be able to create a bootable DVD and spread the images on multiple disks if needed)

I do huge amounts of backups every night in work. For a home PC I'd do a data backup to tape and then do a separate system backup. Cant recommend any home PC backup software though as the stuff we use costs thousands so we can do mailbox recovery as well as file and full system recovery. See if you can get your hands on a copy of Seagate Backupexec. Not fond of system restores. Prefer to rebuild. Is it just data you want to backup?

If you've got an on-line backup destination, only want to do data backups (I keep my Outlook .pst files in My Documents folder) then I use a program called SecondCopy. I've set it to run every two hours and it only copies files that have changed since previous run.

As GC350z implied, for a home PC, if the system gets corrupted (for whatever reason) I'd rather do a rebuild and then reload my data.

Cheers! JK

tbh I'm more worried about hardware failures, whcih I know are very infrequent, but do happen (I've only had 1 HD fail on me in what, 15 years of using a PC? )

my XP build is extremely stable (as opposed to previous Windows versions) and never really had many issue from the software point. I am also competent enough not to corrupt my own system :)

I just wanted something that, in case of upgrade (new HD for examples), whether it's forced or voluntary, would be able to restore my PC as it is currently, from 1 or more DVD backups.

true image works a treat, have used it a few times to clone one HD to a larger or same size HD if that makes sense :)

my copy is version 9.0, got mine of ebay for £9.99 including postage :)

haven't tired to backup to DVD but guess it does it just as well.