Exhaust manifold, y pipe change worth it?

fairladyz2013

I changed my manifolds for the fun of it Chris :lol:

Nah not really, imo its not worth buying a complete exhaust system including decats/cats if the start of the system ie manifolds is still the most restrictive part. Take a look in my journal fella its all in the there the process of manifolds.

But also id advise planning and spending on the best you can afford to get the right system to make the most gains as its hard enough anyway on a Z.

The best manifolds would be ones like DC Sports, Tomei or Stillen.

Best decats are Motordyne art pipes.

Best y pipe is the Motordyne xyz pipe

And the best exhausts are pretty much the Amuse R1 titanium or the Motordyne tdx, but the invidia gemini, milltek, cobra resonated are all great systems to.

Basically you'll have to spend a fair whack to get the best gains. To start id go with a y pipe and decats

• Like 2

I've only just begun my journey with the zed and recently changed to a cobra exhaust.

Considering my next purchase to be a y pipe but is the stock one that restrictive that I'll notice a difference with a new down pipe ? 😄

I've only just begun my journey with the zed and recently changed to a cobra exhaust.

Considering my next purchase to be a y pipe but is the stock one that restrictive that I'll notice a difference with a new down pipe ? 😄

When I put my cobra resonated on I still had My japspeed y pipe on and it had a very nice e burble to it. Within an hour of fitting the new exhaust the y pipe got a massive hole In it so the next day we put the original y pipe back on and at idle it was noticeably tamer than before.

I'm thinking about getting another aftermarket one myself I just hope it won't drone any more than it already does!

When I put my cobra resonated on I still had My japspeed y pipe on and it had a very nice e burble to it. Within an hour of fitting the new exhaust the y pipe got a massive hole In it so the next day we put the original y pipe back on and at idle it was noticeably tamer than before.

I'm thinking about getting another aftermarket one myself I just hope it won't drone any more than it already does!

Did u notice the exhaust being noisier with the aftermarket y pipe?

Yes but it was only on for about an hour before I had to take the y pipe off so its hard to say exactly. Would be nice to have a comparison video of a cobra with and without a y pipe!

I'd be interested in this too, I love how my Cobra exhaust sounds at the moment, but I do want to change the y pipe to free up the airflow.