Anyone going skiing or snowboarding in 2014?

14N

OK, firstly apologies if this ends up sounding like a lonely hearts ad or desperate "please can I be your friend" request, but here goes anyway....

I'm a snowboarder and appreciate that will already instantly earn me the hatred from all you skiers out there.

I normally spend a week on the slopes in January/February each year and this gives me something to look forward to during all the festive celebrations (bah humbug) :santa:

But this year, my usual travel companions have bottled it for one reason or another and left me all on my lonesome. As a single traveller, I'm finding that either no hotels and/or travel providers (Crystal, Neilson etc) are taking single bookings, or I'll have to pay a hefty single occupany supplement on any hotel booking. :surrender:

So, this leads me to my question (plea): Is anyone going skiing/boarding in the first quarter of this year, maybe as part of a larger group, that I could maybe tag along with?

:please: can I be your friend? :cold::console:

Yo dude,

I'm a snowboarder, I can't do a week due to work commitments but should be doing a long weekend end of March/beginning of April, the lads I go with are a good bunch, I don't see them a great deal unless we go boarding but its always a good laugh and catch up and everyone's always welcome.

We usually do the Alps, if you get stuck and fancy it drop me a message and I will keep you posted, nothing's booked as yet.

Chris

• Like 1

I won't be going this year as have a few big holidays booked, but I went away last year to chamonix. Highly recommended! I'm a skier but go away with snowboarders, spend some time in the parks, on the runs and a bit of off piste (not too far away). Strange though, as predominantly, I'm a wakeboarder, but yet I snow ski!

Hopefully you manage to get away this year! :teeth:

I live 1hour from Hemlock, Grouse, Seymour, & Capilano. Whistler is 2 hours away and Big White is 4 hours.

Hmm choices, choices. Although not much snow yet everywhere except Big White. Give it a few weeks though. Hotel Doogy provides reasonable rates :lol:

A 350z UK skiing/boarding trip would be great if it happend I'd Defo be up for it

Hmm. Now you've got me thinking. How about a meet at one of the indoor slopes like Snowdome at Tamworth or One of the others?

They're generally easy to get to, have a decent car park and usually somewhere to eat on site too. Maybe an idea for the off season. I usually get discount codes emailed to me from Tamworth, like 3 hours for 20 quid.

Just a thought :shrug:

A 350z UK skiing/boarding trip would be great if it happend I'd Defo be up for it

Hmm. Now you've got me thinking. How about a meet at one of the indoor slopes like Snowdome at Tamworth or One of the others?

They're generally easy to get to, have a decent car park and usually somewhere to eat on site too. Maybe an idea for the off season. I usually get discount codes emailed to me from Tamworth, like 3 hours for 20 quid.

Just a thought :shrug:

Now that sound like a good idea do that see what the turn out is like if it's good do a week abroad next year

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2