Next Service Advice..

fellsteruk

Hi all,

I know the service internals and by this my next one should be a P2 however my zed has only done just over 40k miles (54 plate) and looks to have been services on mileage internals not every year Obviously they didn't read the bit "whichever comes first" :)

Anyway i managed to get a P1 included in the price when i got the car about 7 months ago and only done about 2k miles in that time, I want to do a full service replace everything i can/should so i know where i am so my question is apart from the below what else should I be looking to replace on a zed of this age/mileage?

Engine Oil

Engine Filter

Air Filter

Spark Plugs

Maybe all other fluids?

Should i be looking to replace any belts?

Thanks

Stephen

Engine oil, diff and gearbox fluid, brake fluid, coolant, top up power steering fluids I'd required, spark plugs, oil and air filter. That should cover all the bases. Also inspect the belts for any wear or cracking and replace if required, same goes for discs and pads.

Edited by KyleR

Don't want to hijack this thread, but does anyone know how to bleed/replace clutch fluid? I can't seem to find too much info specific to the zed on it

its easy, there is a bleed nipple on the slave cylinder which is bolted to the passenger side of the gearbox. just open the bleed nipple and drain it all out, then clean the bottom of the reservoir pot as there will no doubt be a bit of dirty residue in there.

Refill with RBF 600 fluid. Get someone to sit in the car and pump the pedal 5 times and hold it down, then open the nipple to pull it through, check the fluid and top it up as required. keep doing this until there are no more bubbles and all the air is out.

Don't want to hijack this thread, but does anyone know how to bleed/replace clutch fluid? I can't seem to find too much info specific to the zed on it

its easy, there is a bleed nipple on the slave cylinder which is bolted to the passenger side of the gearbox. just open the bleed nipple and drain it all out, then clean the bottom of the reservoir pot as there will no doubt be a bit of dirty residue in there.

Refill with RBF 600 fluid. Get someone to sit in the car and pump the pedal 5 times and hold it down, then open the nipple to pull it through, check the fluid and top it up as required. keep doing this until there are no more bubbles and all the air is out.

Legend, thanks Russ. Had zed 2 years now so big service! All fluids to be replaced and have never done a clutch before!