Spl upper control arms

lmc

Unfortunately this happens quite a lot, however I am sure peeps will understand that due to the amount of enquiries I receive, I feel obliged to sell to the person who pays first, however I understand how frustrating this can be to the OP.

The person who actually bought them contacted me within 2 minutes of my post.

Also, I received a further 4 enquiries within the next hour of my post.

I usually have more than just 1 item and can usually satisfy demand, however in this instance I only had the one set.

Alex. :)

• Like 1

Unfortunately this happens quite a lot, however I am sure peeps will understand that due to the amount of enquiries I receive, I feel obliged to sell to the person who pays first, however I understand how frustrating this can be to the OP.

The person who actually bought them contacted me within 2 minutes of my post.

Also, I received a further 4 enquiries within the next hour of my post.

I usually have more than just 1 item and can usually satisfy demand, however in this instance I only had the one set.

Alex. :)

Yes and these arms are like diamonds in the rough! I wish I'd have known that you had these ages ago as I am desperate for a set! Cant afford new ones just now though after spanking out money on a macbook pro and crimbo presents for everybody.

While I agree with Alex in principle I think it would have been reasonable to give the OP time to contact you and first refusal. if he did not meet your price then that's another matter. It's not like you had it openly advertised the arms! He made the inquiry and you claimed you had a set. Then 12mins later its sold to another😳 before he could contact you.

What was the desperation? It just causes unnecessary friction in the forum!!

• Like 3

No desperation to sell, never has been and never will.

The buyer contacted me and paid for the items before the OP had even messaged me.

I get so many enquiries that it is impossible to wait for peeps to get back to me.

Some peeps take days to get back in touch, however I hear what you are saying and I agree that in this instance perhaps it got a bit messy.

Alex.

Appreciate the honesty alex

Anyway still doing my research and looking at other brands aswell.

Came across these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390734401819?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 which are obviously a blatant rip off of the spl arms but cant find any info on what bearings are used.

I know there old arms have a bit of a rep for being poor quality but cant find any reviews of these so just thought id throw them up here for discussion

I have probably dabble with the zeds suspension that most here and I learnt on truth. Do it nice or do it twice!

Godspeed overall are on the same rung as Megan racing etc. looks good but no longevity.

If you don't want to pay for SPLs consider Superpro eccentric bush for the OEM UCA which will give you and extra 0.5deg of negative camber. Just depends what you want the car to do. I'm running 3-3.5deg up front depending on track type and that's really a lot for non slicks but its an acceptable sacrifice for turn in and steering response against tyre life. 2-2.5 deg is perfect for all round performance and you can probably achieve that with lowering and the bush!

Hey Neil, happy new year! I found that there was no advantage to extra camber in the rear and -2.5deg was optimal unless you want to buy tyres all the time. Toe seems to be more critical. I was tuning a lot if toe in to prevent oversteer but now with an LSD providing so much grip I'm at 0 deg rear toe to help reduce unwanted under steer and push from the rear.

I know geo with slicks or semi slicks is different as there is so much grip so I would appreciate your feedbackðŸ‘

You too chief!!

I can't remember how much toe I'm running. I'll dig out the sheets. The cars set up by AME. I'm actually having zero issues on the 19's with tyre wear but I do find that in the wet the back end is struggling for grip. I'm just about to bring the camber on the rear back a bit to 2.5degree. I'm just about to strip the car down and take the suspension off it to send back to get a once over by KW.

Same thing I noted which is why I clawed back to -2.5deg at the rear. Has yourKW failed? I had one damper fail and send it to KW Germany directly. In hindsight I should have Isis more and send it via the UK outfit. TBH I was the cause of the failure as I used a wheel gun to tighten the upper but in a haste. After doing the other three manually👀

I've got a squeak and I'm not sure if it's the rear damper or the roll cage creaking. Going to get a full overhaul done just for piece of mind. Weathers bad up here now so it's a good time to pull them off.