Temporary semi limp clutch

Randy_Baton

Hi,

went to pull away on an island today but was in third rather than first. There was a car coming so I floored it and didn't change down. When I did change gear the clutch felt a lot lighter (like a normal car!) but it still worked fine. I'd say the first 20% of the depress felt like it wasn't doing anything. A few gear changes later it was back to normal.

Anything to worry about, it's the first sign of any clutch issues?

Hi,

went to pull away on an island today but was in third rather than first. There was a car coming so I floored it and didn't change down. When I did change gear the clutch felt a lot lighter (like a normal car!) but it still worked fine. I'd say the first 20% of the depress felt like it wasn't doing anything. A few gear changes later it was back to normal.

Anything to worry about, it's the first sign of any clutch issues?

See my answer in your double post. meeds a slave cylinder , braided hose and Motul fluid..PM Zmanalex :pmzmanalex:

Are there any other signs and will it wear out gradually/should I replace it as soon as I can?

I've been hearing a squeaking noise just after the ignition is turned on and again a second after I lift of the throttle only happens when the engine is cold. Is it related?

Are there any other signs and will it wear out gradually/should I replace it as soon as I can?

I've been hearing a squeaking noise just after the ignition is turned on and again a second after I lift of the throttle only happens when the engine is cold. Is it related?

From the engine? or from depressing the clutch?

If it's from the engine then that could just be your belts ~ tends to happen more when it's cold weather and is usually nothing to worry about.

From the engine? or from depressing the clutch?

If it's from the engine then that could just be your belts ~ tends to happen more when it's cold weather and is usually nothing to worry about.

Hard to tell (I can only hear in mono) but I thought maybe the rear end somewhere