Question about selling my 350z

pessa350

I am selling my 350z on ph, got a Germany guy offer me a good price, but what I worried is he said he need to take my whole v5 away? Is that true? Anyone in here hv the similar experience for selling their zed or car to foreign people? Thanks guy

Thanks for reply mate:) he said he will come down to me n collect it with cash or bank transfer , as long the the fund not clear I won't let my zed go lol!!!! What I worries are the v5, cos he don't have a uk address, so I can't fill in and send back to dvla..:( also he said wanna take my whole v5 back to his country to got it register, can't find any detail on the dvla site at all

Edited by pessa350

Until I have the money in my hand and counted, I would part with anything..!!

suggest you will send him a copy if he wants to check out the car ,

If he wants to start export proceedings for the car..get your money first as he will

need a receipt anyway to export it. :thumbs:

Until I have the money in my hand and counted, I would part with anything..!! :surrender: :surrender: :scare: :scare: :scare:

suggest you will send him a copy if he wants to check out the car ,

If he wants to start export proceedings for the car..get your money first as he will

need a receipt anyway to export it. :thumbs:

Fixed it for you.

I will try to call dvla tomorrow mate , but I don't really like the idea of giving him the whole log book, cos if he don't register the car in his country or got fine in uk, all the liability will come to me

You'll have sent off the Permanent Export section so for you it's irrelevant if he registers it in Germany or not. Have a look at your V5, I don't think there is a box to tick or anything if it's being sold abroad specifically, as apposed to you bringing it somewhere to stop you being liable for any fines incurred. DVLA should be able to help, though. :thumbs:

We have to do the same thing here in NI if someone from the south of Ireland buys our car, never any problems.

I will try to call dvla tomorrow mate , but I don't really like the idea of giving him the whole log book, cos if he don't register the car in his country or got fine in uk, all the liability will come to me

You'll have sent off the Permanent Export section so for you it's irrelevant if he registers it in Germany or not. Have a look at your V5, I don't think there is a box to tick or anything if it's being sold abroad specifically, as apposed to you bringing it somewhere to stop you being liable for any fines incurred. DVLA should be able to help, though. :thumbs:

We have to do the same thing here in NI if someone from the south of Ireland buys our car, never any problems.

Thanks for reply, did you write a letter too with the export section to tell DVLA that you are no longer the keeper with the new owner detail on or just sent out the export section thats it? thanks for all of you helping tho :)

LOL just found this , hope it is helpful to someone else too :teeth:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_065264.pdf

A quick look at DVLA says :-

What to do if you are selling your vehicle privately to someone

that does not have a GB address

You should fill in sections 6 and 10 with the new keeper’s name and address. Both you and the new keeper (buyer) must sign and date the declaration in section 8. Give the whole V5C to the new keeper to aid registration abroad.

You should then send a signed letter to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AG giving the vehicle’s registration number, the make and model of the vehicle, the date of sale or transfer, and the name and address of the new keeper.

Once we know about the change of keeper, you should receive an acknowledgement letter to confirm that you are no longer responsible for the vehicle. If you do not receive the letter within 4 weeks, please phone 0300 790 6802. If you are deaf or hard of hearing and have access

to a textphone, phone 0300 123 1279 (this number will not respond to ordinary phones).

Let him take most of the logbook.

Retain the blue permanent export part and at very least take a copy of his passport. He will have to have this on him.

I sell cars to people in europe quite a lot. As long as you have your own correct paperwork in place. ie Receipt signed by both parties and dated. Passport/ID of the buyer. and you retain the blue part of V5 doc you will get no comebacks.

Maybe as a precaution, take a picture of the new owner standing by the car as further evidence if you're that worried. Final precaution aswell, try and take cash, preferably sterling and go and pay it straight into the bank. If not possible buy yourself a note checking pen. Cheap to buy but very valuable in the long run.

Don't be afraid. Good luck.

Greg.

• Like 1

As others have said its all perfectly fine. My mate had similar concerns earlier in the year when he sold his car to a guy in France. Guy came over, paid cash, drove the car home and my mate had no problems. Atm because cars a miles cheaper in the UK than Europe, a lot of European people are buying from the UK and shipping back.