NISMO 370Z hi flow cats and intakes

eddiezed

I've definitely seen videos of a Nismo in the US where the guy had fitted HFCs with the exhaust left as standard and was happy with the results. There are also plenty of people over there who fit a different exhaust (I'm quite happy with the one it comes with).

Hiya, that would be me, many thanks Tarmac/Chris. I won't get round to fitting the Berk HFC's until xmas when I have a bit more time. Also got a K&N Typhoon intake fitted. Same as you I like the Nismo catback noise but just needs a bit more growl.

Hiya, that would be me, many thanks Tarmac/Chris. I won't get round to fitting the Berk HFC's until xmas when I have a bit more time. Also got a K&N Typhoon intake fitted. Same as you I like the Nismo catback noise but just needs a bit more growl.

Hi mate - be great if you could post some thoughts about how the HFCs affect the sound once you've fitted them.

• Like 1

I'll give some feedback on the Berks when fitted. The K&N typhoons are fiited, can't say as I can tell much difference one way or the other despite K&N saying they dyno them at around 10+ bhp. I was looking for a little more induction noise which wasn't the case, anyway they look prurdy!

A few minor cosmetic things to do and I will be making a camcorder mount soon. It's just wait for spring and then Nurburgring/Spa to really stretch the cars legs.

I'll give some feedback on the Berks when fitted. The K&N typhoons are fiited, can't say as I can tell much difference one way or the other despite K&N saying they dyno them at around 10+ bhp. I was looking for a little more induction noise which wasn't the case, anyway they look prurdy!

A few minor cosmetic things to do and I will be making a camcorder mount soon. It's just wait for spring and then Nurburgring/Spa to really stretch the cars legs.

That engine bay looks great KrisC2. B) Think maybe you should add it to this thread (http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/79031-engine-bay-shots/) as it's definitely a good looker. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, update ................. finally got round to fitting the Berk HFC's. The Berks fit was spot on and overall it took around 4 hours to complete the job.

The exhaust note is pretty much the same although is marginally louder. There is definitely an increase in noise although if I were honest a little more would have been nice. That said, HFC's do just that i.e. flow more air not delete cats or silencers. May be in the mind but it feels a tad quicker?

I suspect some may say more noise and others it's just enough, either way mine will be staying on!

• 2 months later...

Can't say I'm surprised. The short rams hurt power, they don't help it. The Z runs way to hot for them. In traffic youre killing power because the MAF sensor pulls timing the hotter the intake temps get. You need long tube headers or keep the OEM setup but install drop in K&N filters and a smooth silicone post MAF tube.