The 2014 F1 Chat Thread.

WhackyWill

Glad other people can see that.

Don't get me started on Button, he's an idiot and I could rant about him for days!

I used to work on the track at Mercedes-Benz World in Brooklands, we put on an event called "Powered by Mercedes" in November 2009 and had Mclaren, Brawn GP, Force India, all the Merc F3 teams, F1 safety car, DTM cars etc etc all their drivers came too and we gave away 15,000 FREE tickets to people so they could watch the cars floor it round the track, driver interviews etc. Guess who didn't turn up? Button. Guess who didn't let anyone know they weren't turning up? Button. Guess who chartered a helicopter in so that he could come and go quickly? Mercedes.

He didn't care at all and didn't even send an apology, thousands of children turned up to see the new F1 champ, and he just didn't care.

Caterham set for Kobayashi-Ericsson in 2014 - report

A returning Kamui Kobayashi looks set to join rookie Marcus Ericsson, marking a second consecutive all-new driver lineup for Caterham in 2014.

http://www.motorspor...in-2014-report/

I'm surprised at that, he looked set up to drive in Formula E. He's very entertaining though, glad to see him back,

The lady round the corner of me works for a certain bank, and she has a life sized cut out of him, wish I could get my hands on it! I work with people who were at Honda and Brawn when Button was there. He didnt a monkey's, hardly ever came to see the staff, wouldnt sign stuff, and when he left, didnt even both to come say good bye or thankyou. Not a nice bloke at all.

I'm a big f1 fan, but been really bored the last couple of years. I enjoyed Hamilton's mclaren days, when he is in the zone he is a fantastic driver, both fast and good to watch....flamboyant. I really hope he finds that sweet spot more often in the Mercedes. Although that said I think the tyres have really gone against his driving style since moving from mclaren especially. I started watching Moto GP last year, not a bike fan but it has produced some brilliant close racing, I really really hope we get some Better racing in 2014 with this massive rule change. I'm worried it will be more a reliability and economy competition at first though, until they get their heads around it all that is. Either way, looking forward to Australia as with every year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Meeerrrk

Caterham set for Kobayashi-Ericsson in 2014 - report

A returning Kamui Kobayashi looks set to join rookie Marcus Ericsson, marking a second consecutive all-new driver lineup for Caterham in 2014.

http://www.motorspor...in-2014-report/

Read a report today that Caterham are on a last warning from their owner Tony Fernandez, who will pull sponsorship at the end of 2014 if they don't start scoring points. Also, there are reports of a new American team for 2015 Haas Racing, currently running a NASCAR team and no relation to the F1 team run by Carl Haas in the 70's.

Pete

Mclaren have confirmed that they don't have a title sponsor for 2014.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-in-good-shape-despite-no-title-sponsor/

I'd heard by a rather reliable source that CocaCola have been interested in Mclaren for a few years, but as they had Lucozade on the car they wouldn't move forward. Now GSK have sold the Lucozade brand I wonder if CocaCola will be interested once some races start being won!

I also wonder if now that they don't have a title sponsor to dictate the colours of the car, will they test next week with an orange car like they have done in the past?

Nurburgring saved by Capricorn. Robertino Wild the enigmatic owner of one of Europe's leading

suppliers to the motorsport industry, successfully finalised the deal.

Racing will continue and other exciting plans will be announced shortly. :yahoo:

Edited by WhackyWill

Oh well, if it's on Facebook it must be true! :D

Fingers crossed it is, I reckon they could be a good owner but only if they truly understand the Ring.

I messaged TT through FaceAche to ask him to confirm it.

and his reply was "100% yes", which is what I posted. :scare: