Please considering visiting our Merchandise area and purchasing branded items as it helps to support this community and keep it free to use

Welcome to 350Z & 370Z UK

Welcome to the largest 350z & 370z community in the UK.
You are welcome to browse the forums as a Guest, however to get the full benefit we advice you register and create an account. It's quick and it's FREE!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Easty

HELP!! Kinetix problem!!

18 posts in this topic

So iv just fitted a Kinetix Plenum chamber and the car doesn't seem to want to idle and fluctuates and then dies. . .

This is also happening when I put the cluch in, the revs drop and then it dies. . . .

Also when traveling at 30mph just trying to hold it it's hunting and isn't smooth. . This also happens at 40.

Up higher into the revs it seems fine and revs right through no problem.

Don't know if it matters but iv also got a cone filter on the car that iv had on it ages and it's always been fine till I fitted this thing!!

Anyone know why it's doing this and knows how I can fix it?

Or do I just need to get it tuned/ rev up on it?

Is your maf connected and clean? Your throttle body been reset?

Deffo no air leaks from the plenum?

Air leak. Check plenum is seated correctly and all hoses are clamped up tight.

That's where my heads at. .

It's getting too much air in but I can't see where or why. . .

All the pipe work is back on and right.

Just out of interest has anyone fitted one of these?

And when you take the standard plenum off there's a gold ish plate that's bolted down with a gasket under it, does this stay on or have to be taken out?

I'm thinking that if the little bar in the middle of the kinetix is pushing up on it a little bit I might be drawing air in and not sealing it properly?

Just on tick over you can really hear quite a loud induction noise, is this normal too?

Take it off and start again.

I reckon the gasket isn't seated properly or is damaged.

1 person likes this

Think I'm going to have too. . .

Should it just work fine being put right on without the tune up?

I might use some sealed on it aswell to make sure it's really not drawing air past

Make sure you haven't got the rubber around the oil filler cap trapped under the plenum.

1 person likes this

Make sure you haven't got the rubber around the oil filler cap trapped under the plenum.

100% it's not I made sure of that. . .

But thanks for thinking about it :-)

If everything is seated correctly from the outside, then I'm afraid it's take it off and start again. I cannot remember for the life of me what exactly it was but I had the same problem as you after fitting my plenum spacer. I have a feeling it was not connecting the vacuum line back up.

With the ecu, do a reset after the problem goes. Good luck!

Thanks for all the advise guys I took it off completely yesterday and re-fitted it making sure it had a tight seal all round and it's running beautifully now :-)

Really made up with it :-D

Just need to get it in for a rev up now lol

Ye I totally agree!!

It was a very nervous moment when I fired her up first time after refitting it. . .

where did you pick the plenum up from, if you dont mind me asking? been looking at getting one.

cheers dude

It came up on eBay at a price I couldn't say no too lol

Since I refitted it it's been excellent but really need to get it remapped now lol

1 person likes this

It's always a good idea to do the idle volume reset when fitting mods that increase the manifold volume eg spacer, aftermarket upper plenum etc to ensure a smooth idle.