"Another" Clicky axel thread

Jehuty

ok before i zip my flame suit to the max, i have searched the forum but cant find the exact answer im looking for hence starting a thread on a topic thats potentially been covered a billion times before.

Right now im all zipped up, how serious is it? does having a clicky axel for whatever reason it actually is mean there is imminent doom headed my way. I bought my Z in August with a clicky rear axel and tbh, ive just ignored itand thought i'll get round to researching it a bit more in the future. Now im deciding to pa closer attention, is it something to be worried about? i explained the jist of whats needed to fix the problem (greasing most people recommend) to the workshop at work and they seemed to think the issue was more serious than one of just a quick lube up, which has got me a bit worried.

so yea, is it a problem? should i be worried?

FWIW I found that grease applied liberally here achieved a result

image_zps3e5a7555.jpg

From this one of the many guides

http://m.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428639

This has made the noise stop for me, but as it's off you may as well get the splines greasy too. Some have reported the clicking returning, but IMHO I think that's down to your choice of grease. I used this stuff and have had a few thousand click free miles since.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DEWYJYO/ref=pe_385721_37038051_pe_217191_31005151_3p_M3T1_dp_1

You won't need it all, but for £7, who cares. For the costs involved, I would definitely try this before you commit to anything else your tech suggests.good luck.

Agreed, follow the guide linked above, with the greese and you will be fine.

Just don't do what I (and someone else) did and hammer the axle bolt thing too hard and bugger up the threads.

Luckilly mine were only slightly damaged on the first 1-2 and I was able to sort it, but you can end up needing a new one...

Edited by cs2000