Bug Bears

mx5 Paul

I have now owned my Z for a couple of months now and getting to know it.

A few little things Bugs me. When I fill up the tank the fuel gauge doesn't seem to read right. When I fill to the brim it only reads 3/4's full is this common?

Also I don't mind the factory fitted sat-nav, but is there a update for it, if you do update it can you get it to search for postcodes??

Cheers

Paul

The fuel gauge is a known issue and it's caused by the floats in the tank getting dirty, there is a fix for it but it's not a pleasant job. I did it and it made some difference but in the end it reverted to the way it had been before so I bought a Scanguage II and now rely purely on that, it's pretty damn accurate too.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/54763-how-to-fix-the-inaccurate-fuel-gauge-pdf/

You can update the disc for the sat nav to get road layout changes, but it doesn't add extra functionality like postcodes unfortunately. Once you get used to the sat nav I find it's actually a very good system, I found it really useful when trying to drive over the Swiss alps and the route was taking me on the train underneath, just grab a way point and drag it to the twisty roads, et voila. Postcodes and speed cameras would be a nice addition though.