HELP! fitting DRL's with four way switch back module and loom

RDON

HI Folks. I was wondering if someone has the expertise to help me out? I have just received my DRL's for the front bumper reflectors, but these have leds in them with a four way switch back module and a wiring loom with a switch and fuse attachment that needs to go into the fuse box and through the fire wall. has any one had to do similar and can advise or would someone be able to help me fit them. I would do the work dirty work but would be great if I had someone there to tell me what I needed to do? thanks for reading folks.

....a four way switch back module and a wiring loom with a switch and fuse attachment that needs to go into the fuse box and through the fire wall....

Not the help you need I'm afraid mate, but that sounds like a heck of a lot of tech for a set of 12v LED's. Can they not just be wired up to your sidelights like the ones CS2000 used to supply?

Ian that's what I asked! but I was advised no by the guy that makes them in the US. I have the facelift 350 and CS2000 does not do the led reflectors for them that's why I went to ZLEDS. he does some amazing stuff for the zed, but its a bit more complicated to install!

Hmmm :unsure: I'm sure someone will be a long that knows more about electrics etc than me (which isn't hard).

Maybe drop cs2000 a PM, tell him what you've got and see if he can help, as he seems to know his onions :)

You can either find a spare power feed in the fuse box, or take a feed from the battery with a 5 amp fuse in line to the switch in the cabin, and use use a nearby earth point, don't forget you need to have them switched independent to the the side lights as DRLs are required by law to switch off when the light are on.

You can either find a spare power feed in the fuse box, or take a feed from the battery with a 5 amp fuse in line to the switch in the cabin, and use use a nearby earth point, don't forget you need to have them switched independent to the the side lights as DRLs are required by law to switch off when the light are on.

Really, so why do the Audi's not do so. When their main beams come on, the DRL's don't dip and become sidelights, they just stay the same. Anyways tell that to the millions of others out there, including all my kits which don't.

The way I have seen them installed is as you suggested however, a direct feed from the battery with an inline fuse.

Rickdon, if you stick up a picture of the connections you need to make (the wires and stuff) il see what I can figure out.

Edited by cs2000

all DRLS are illegal unless fitted at the factory by the manufacturer, I spent hours reading documents to find that out lol. they do dim when the lights are on yes and also work in conjunction with the indicators and then go back off like so! I will take some photos tomorrow and post them up so you can see what im tackling. thanks for the feedback so far.

DSC03391_zpsbb737add.jpg DSC03390_zps6d07e8bb.jpg right the first two photos are of the switch and fuse holder that is supposed to go into the fuse holder of the electric mirrors, but then I don't know where to mount the swtich. and then you can see the cables that have to go through the fire wall with connectors on that will connect up with the follow photos of the reflector LEDs and switch modules. DSC03392_zps54d1c4c5.jpg DSC03393_zps38dc8417.jpg DSC03397_zps16e5be99.jpg so what do you guys make of this does this help to explain to me how I should go about fitting these? Edited by rickdon

Right, looks as though those white connectors fit into each other so you can easily remove the led mod without having to de-wire everything.

Its those two bundles of wires you need to be looking at

DSC03397_zps16e5be99.jpg

Did you receive any instructions at all as the wire colours are obviously important. Can scan them in and drop me a PM if you like, or post here :)

The black box of tricks full of silicone will be the relays and electronics to control dimming and the switchback mode but you don't have to worry about those.

yes Chris I have a list of what the colours of each wire represents. black=ground, White=12v DRL fused (power mirrors), green=12v parking lights, yellow=12v turn signal, red=12v HID ballast. where is the fuse for the electric mirrors as the red wire with the fuse holder on only has about 10" of wire so the switch needs to be mounted somewhere?

Ok, this should help you.

Im really unsure about the fused power mirror lead, I cant see why this is required, but im obviously missing something... (was it to control the on/off state of the white sidelights by using the mirror folding switch, if so, that also seems silly, oh wait I wana turn the leds off but that also folds my mirrors... lol

Capture-1.png

thanks Chris for providing this information I would have been scratching my head otherwise! the mirror switch does not control the LEDS! the switch that came with these has a fuse adaptor which im supposed to place where the fuse for the mirrors go, which I have yet to identify? not sure if the 5amp fuse that's in will be adequate for both to be off! your advice and help will be invaluable though Chris so thanks again for that.

well went to fit today but things went against me! other jobs took longer and then it gets dark to early grrrrrrrrrrrrr! does anyone know as you look from the front of the car if there is access through the fire wall on the left side near the drivers window wiper? I need to send a wiring loom through to the fuse box in the driver foot well the loom is not long enough going up the right behind the battery! also do I need 5amp or 15 amp scotch clamps to connect my wires into the head light wires? thanks in advance for any expertise.