Motordyne XYZ pipe cost?

Arran

Afternoon all

I sold my Cobra y pipe as the car was to loud with this on so now im pretty set on getting an xyz pipe with a resonator as it should keep the noise down a bit and also be a consistent bore size throughout the system as il have DC sports manifolds mated to my Motorsyne ART pipes this weekend.

Trouble is Motordynes website has them up for $435 which is £270, i know theyll be import duty about £50 so thats £320, why are they so expensive over here surely its easier and cheaper to just go direct to Motordyne?

Ive seen prices of around £450+ over here which is ridiculous

Cheers

Arran

Okay, anyone who imports one on your behalf is gonna take some £££ for the trouble.

Your question of why not deal with Motordyne direct, is a fair point, some people do. Some people use american companies who stock other manufacturing brands and source all their parts in one place.

I've purchased used on my350, from outlets in America as well as using UK based suppliers like Tarmac.

The hassle of self importing isn't that bad. It's simple yet effective. The point of having somebody in the UK obtain the parts for you, means that they are taking the responsibility of ensuring you get the part.

If you have any hassles obtaining parts then you must deal with it. Although I've never had an issue, and I know Adrian (Octet) has brought in I'd say in excess of £25k of parts if not more into the UK, not just for himself. This saves on delivery costs with bulking the items together.

Nope, i had the Horsham silenced decats and Cobra y pipe with Cobra resonated system, I think the Horsham decats made it to loud so i swapped them for the Motordyne ART pipes but also swapped the y pipe back to stock in the hope theyd both reduce sound which they did now i need a y pipe agin :lol:

When I place an order I have offered them as low £395 as below

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/70698-motordyne-last-opportunity-to-purchase-350370z-items/

I guarantee you won't get cheaper than that by going direct.

You also have to remember to add delivery costs to the price of the item and then times that by VAT and Duty and then there's usually a £10 admin fee.

Obviously can't compete with people marking down prices or bringing stuff into the country illegally, no legitimate business can unfortunately.

Let me know if I can help Arran.