Help! Seat won't slide forward/back

SamN

So I just started to remove my centre console and got to the bolt on the driver side next to the seat and my seat (electric) will tilt forward/back but won't slide!!

After a bit of research people say remove the seat and take the motor apart, well the seat is as far back as it'll go so I can't remove it!

Any ideas where to start??

Thanks

Sam

You mean when you flick the switch it wont move? First port of call are bad terminals, try a bit of WD40 and tap the top of the switch for about 20-30 seconds, it might just be the connectors and this will start it up again (well it did with mine!)

Had a similar issue with my drivers seat before I bought my Zed. It was tilted/slid all the way back & wouldn't move. The dealer fiddled with the switch back & forth for several minutes before it eventually moved forward just enough for me to reach the peddles to test drive it. He said not to worry though as it was probably just a bad connection and they'd sort it before I picked up the car. Well in the end it needed a complete new switch unit which they bought from Nissan & fitted at there cost. Works perfectly now obviously. You may well end up needing a new switch if it's not just a connection issue.

Balls.. No quick fix then :(

If you've tried what Coldel suggested and made sure all the connections are good/plugs in situ etc then possibly not. If you pull the electric seat switch backwards & forwards repeatedly will the seat move at all? show any signs of life? If not then you may well need a new switch unit as I did unfortunately.

I had the same problem with my driver seat, for months it was a matter of pushing back and forward until it eventually started, really was a nuisance as the driving position difference between me and Mrs made it impossible for me to get into the car.

I had enough one day and removed the whole seat assembly, removed the whole switch mechanism and gave the whole unit a clean down with WD40, amazing the amount of grime gathers down in there. That was months ago and it has preformed flawlessly since.

Hope you sort it, bit of time and elbow grease required.

Cheers. I'm happy to remove the seat and then the motor etc to clean it all up, I just can't get to the rear seat bolts!

I also noticed my seat belt seems to be slightly loose which is more of a concern! Want to get the seat out to tighten that up too!