Airbag resistors

AliveBoy

Does anyone have any of the plug in airbag resistors to cancel the airbag light? or know where I can get one from?

They used to be everywhere, but I can't find one now! I have the old connector from my drivers seat which I could cut off and solder a 2.2ohm resistor to, but I'd rather keep it attached!

Any help would be great :)

I have resistors, just not the connectors :( I don't want to splice into the factory connections if I can avoid it, just incase I ever need to put the standard seat back in.

Maybe I should just bit the bullet and cut the one off my drivers seat as I'm not using it anyway.

Can't you take a small section of the wire cover off to expose the copper and connect the resistor there? Then if you come to putting the OEM's back in there'll be no problem that can't be solved with some black electrical tape.

Take the bulb out the dash? ;) Friend took all the warning lights out of his Volvo :lol:

:lol: I thought of that until I saw this:

New Airbag MOT legislation

New legislation came into force on March 20th 2013 meaning that MOTs become stricter in relation to Airbags.

From this date all Airbag lights (SRS malfunction warning lights) on the dashboard MUST light up when the ignition is turned on and MUST go out once the car is started.

Wait, or yellow tape, I can't remember what colour they are.

I might just use the old connector, I've taken out so much of the interior already it would be hard to put it back to normal anyway :lol:

The colour code for a 2.2 ohm resistor varies slightly depending on how many colour bands are on the resistor.

For a resistor with 4 colour bands the sequence from one end should be red,red,gold plus 1 other colour band (tolerance).

For a resistor with 5 colour bands the sequence should be red,red,black,silver plus 1 other colour band (tolerance).

For a resistor with 6 colour bands the sequence is the same as for a 5 banded one except there is another band at one end for ppm.

Hope this makes some sense!

I just had a look at my build thread to see what I used. My resistors were 2.2 ohm 1/4 or 1/2 watt, do you know what wattage yours were?

Also, have you got both seats swapped or just drivers? If both, did you fit a resistor to each?

I know that sounds a bit "IT help desk" but I have to ask :lol:

I just had a look at my build thread to see what I used. My resistors were 2.2 ohm 1/4 or 1/2 watt, do you know what wattage yours were?

Also, have you got both seats swapped or just drivers? If both, did you fit a resistor to each?

I know that sounds a bit "IT help desk" but I have to ask :lol:

Haha, just drivers :)

uvatube6.jpg

I bought these a while ago and can't remember what watt they were :(