Replica Nismo V1 front bumpers

Gaz350

Hey guys,

Unfortunately the paint on my red '05 Z front bumper is delaminating, as opposed to just getting the rather tired looking front end resprayed I figured now is a good time to invest in a new front bumper! I've ummed & ahhed for ages between a Nismo V1 or V2 replica & I've finally decided a V1 might work better as the rest of the car is standard & I don't want the front end to look over styled compared to the rest of the car! Basically if anyone could give me advice on which (if any) of the replica V1 bumpers are good quality & fit we'll I'd really appreciate it, they're a few to choose from I know & I don't want to end up buying a pig of a bumper!

Many thanks in advance,

Gary

Honestly don't see the point in buying the V1 as the V2 is too nice for the rest of the car :lol: you know when you fit this you will end up fitting new side skirts,,, then rear spats after that :lol: the V2 all the way for me :thumbs: plus RT is having a christmas sale :lol:

Cheers Wasso, I was looking at your picture & wondering if that was a standard plate or smaller, so that's a motorbike plate? Do you remember the dimensions off the top of your head? I think I'll go for the grille section in gloss black but have the lip painted body colour to keep it (slightly) subtle!

Cheers Wasso, I was looking at your picture & wondering if that was a standard plate or smaller, so that's a motorbike plate? Do you remember the dimensions off the top of your head? I think I'll go for the grille section in gloss black but have the lip painted body colour to keep it (slightly) subtle!

I can't I'm afraid, purchased it around 3 years ago. I couldn't even tell you which website I got it from, but it's a standard motorbike size that would appear on the back of a bike. (Legal size for bikes)

Your next question will be have I been pulled on this? No, I think because the perception is that it's clear and can still be picked up by camera's which is one of it's main purposes, then it's been accepted. I would say anything smaller and they'd be pulling you on a regular basis.

Haha you read my mind! Ok that's good news then, if it's just a standard motorbike plate I'll not have any trouble finding one! Where did you get your V2 bumper from, RT Performance? What was the fitment like? Also, how much lower than the standard bumper does the V2 sit? I'm sat on Eibach springs (30mm drop) & obviously don't want to be taking chunks out of my nice shiny new front end haha!

A company called Medusa do the full V1 kit and can sell the individual components separately. May be worth giving them a call and see if they have the V2 aswell.

From personal experience, the V1 fits perfectly so hopefully if they do the V2 its the same quality.

Haha you read my mind! Ok that's good news then, if it's just a standard motorbike plate I'll not have any trouble finding one! Where did you get your V2 bumper from, RT Performance? What was the fitment like? Also, how much lower than the standard bumper does the V2 sit? I'm sat on Eibach springs (30mm drop) & obviously don't want to be taking chunks out of my nice shiny new front end haha!

Okay I had issues with the Eibach and V2 and went over to Coilovers and lifted it some 5mm. You WILL have issues with multi storey car parks, some aggresive speed bumps and some driveways like I had at my old house. That extra 5mm gives me more allowance without compromising the look.

You could swap them out for Tein springs which offer around 15-17mm or just fork out and do it nice with Coilovers. The advantage is you can alter the stiffness of the suspension with the coilovers. It can get expensive so make sure you have some cash for suspension.

You can live with 30mm but as I say speed bumps and car parks can affect your parking and driving routes.

My front was a perfect fit, source unknown.

Hmm that's a shame, I'm reluctant to swap the eibachs as I've only just had them fitted! Maybe I'll have to settle for the V1 after all :/ thank you for all of your help guys, I'll post pictures up once it's done! Hmm V1 & play it safe, or V2 & be careful, choices choices!