lambo doors pistons

chalkie4721

hi guys, I'm looking for a bit of advice on correct piston pressure (lbs) for a zeds lambo door kit? I've fitted kit to my zed and when you sit in cat and try open them up they won't lift, you need to stand next to door and use 2 hands to lift it so o think my 600lb pistons ar not strong enough. HELP :(

• Like 1

Yes they are specific for 350 , manufacturer says they are correct ones but I feel as if they don't assist in pushing up door:/ only got one on Chris took me 7 hrs to do that, will wait and see if I can resolve this problem before tackling other door was hoping to get them done before it goes into bookshop on 18th.

Sent from my C1505 using Tapatalk

Sorry bodyshop :)

Sent from my C1505 using Tapatalk

Would love to see what a bookshop could do with the bodykit your putting on it mate :lol:

I don't know how hard it was to get the piston on but is it worth trying the other one that isn't fitted to see if maybe just the one you have is a duff?

Are we somewhere between the year 1999 and 2005 again?! :stir:

I'll be interested to see what it looks like. The doors are VERY heavy though, if the people who made it don't know that, then they might have underestimated the size needed.

• 3 months later...

hey guys just seen this post i have the same problem took me forever to put the door hinges in properly and i bought some 5900 Newton pistons and they were just as bad as the original ones I've got 3 speakers per door too so i don't know what pistons i need also where can i get them from I've searched google and ebay can't find naff a lll

I dont know what pressure mine are set too as they were perfect for the car out of the box but then I guess you get what you pay for. As previous experience with gas struts for my bonnet I know that you can get replacements that are over gassed and have a small nipple on them to allow you to release some gas to get them to the perfect pressure. I used this company for my bonnet ones http://www.gasstrutengineering.co.uk/ which luckily is just down the road from me. Not sure its gonna be much use for you being in Scotland but they may be able to help.

cheers Markey, I gave up on my lambo doors as zed was going into bookshop to get a makeover, with Scotland being cold for 3 quarters of the year decided to give them a miss as I know what pistons can be like in cold weather, I got mine from a site called CARiD, don't know if they are a duff site but got my money back for them anyway. cheers for info anyway :)