any advice?

nixy

cheers guys. And am I correct in thinking (after spending an hour reading the pdf version of the manual while wearing my anorak) that the TC etc is automatically on and you only push the button to turn it off?

you're right, sometimes listening to what other people say sets you off on the wrong foot. For instance, when I got my type R I was scared stiff the first time it was wet as apparently it was supposed to be slippy with horrendous tyres and actually it was a total pussy cat!

I can assure you, its better than the Type-R in the wet. Much better balanced. You'll still get understeer if you push hard and oversteer if you mash the throttle. But you really having nothing at all to worry about. The Z is the most friendliest performance car going. You'll find that you'll be in the same boat as when you got your Type-R, scared at first but find its a pussy cat, which it is. Nothing to worry about.

The main difference is being progressive with the throttle as its RWD, but this applies to dry roads as well. This is my first proper RWD performance car and i've found it a doddle, the only time i had problems (if you want to call it a problem because i was having a blast) was when it snowed during the winter. But to be truthful i shouldn't have gone out it was that bad.

Guys, as the others have said, if you're not pushing it the Zed will be fine. I've had it out in the wet a lot of times and its easy to drive and not scary at all. Compared to my Leon, its much better planted and feels a lot better suited to the wet as my Leon just understeered like a dog. Keep the ESP on and there'll be no problems what so ever. I have found you really have to be wanting to get the back end out in the wet for it to step out with ESP on. Havent dared try it without yet as I can get it out a little bit with it on :teeth: